Lookin' For What In All The Wrong Places

My sneakers, full of sand, crunched through sand while more sand surrounded my body, blown by the wind. My eyes were closed, sand in them as well. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sand out of them, but I was only making it worse, my eyes now watering and stinging. This was absolutely terrible.

June and I had been traveling through the Desert Resort for over a day since we had encountered the Skorupi. I was certain that we would have made it out of here a long time ago, and yet, here we were, tired and weak, the sun beaming high above us, creating sweltering heat that made our journey even more strenuous.

June wasn't far away from me, her head down, lips shut tight, forcing her way ahead.

During our first night here, I couldn't sleep very well, the strange feeling of being watched making the skin on my arms tingle. And yet, June and I were all alone in the desert. I kept telling myself I was just being silly, and yet there was this strange noise, and an unsettling feeling that something was out there. I stayed up while June slept, keeping watch, telling June that I just wanted to make sure no more Skorupi came around to attack us, or any other Pokemon who might want our food.

June thought this was a good idea, and offered to trade shifts every couple of hours, letting one of us sleep while the other kept watch.

This was an excellent idea to me, and I kept calm and nonchalant as I agreed with her plan.

We made it safely through the night, though we both felt extremely tired by the time the sun was up, shining brightly, on its way even higher into the sky as we set up a quick breakfast for our Pokemon and ourselves.

Our second night, also our first full day here, we did the same thing, one of us staying up for a couple of hours while the other slept, and taking turns. Nothing happened that night, but I had shivers that I feared were from more than just the temperature drop.

When we had fed our Pokemon earlier this morning, it wasn't too bad outside, the sand being pushed around by the wind, but not tossed roughly like it was now.

The Pokemon were visibly bothered by the sand getting in their food, and weren't very eager about eating in these conditions, but June and I instructed them to eat while they could as we tried to find our way out of here.

June's Electivire got irritated and began to release bursts of electricity from his body, shocking random spots on the ground around him.

Magneton and Rotom made good use of the moment and tried to catch as much of the electricity as they could, eagerly devouring the Electric attacks.

June had tried to calm her Pokemon down, but he ended up shocking her in the process.

It was a long breakfast.

We hadn't spoken much, mainly due to all of the sand flying around us. The silence was nice, in my opinion.

However, the journey was far from enjoyable. I had told June we wouldn't be here much longer. I told her we'd be in Nimbasa City really soon, so we both decided not to take anymore breaks and head straight there. Once we had finished eating, we attempted to reach our destination. Hours later, the sandstorm had only gotten worse, and as far as I could tell, we might very well have been lost. Everything looked the same around us. Nothing but sand.

I wonder what Nimbasa City will be like? I wondered as I walked blindly into the sand. It had taken me a while of contemplation to come to the conclusion that I still wanted to continue my Pokemon journey. It was something I hadn't fully made my mind up on for a while. After what had occurred in Castelia City, I really didn't know what I should do with myself. But after all this time walking in the sand, in an environment that allowed for a bit more peace and quiet for a change, I could really begin to dwell on my life and what I'd been through so far, as well as the direction I wanted to take from here. I definitely knew that taking a shower was number one on my list of to-dos. It wasn't until we had finished our breakfast this morning that I had decided to also go for my third badge at Nimbasa City.