A Mystery Of Violence

Trixa's Pignite, Pansear, Panpour, Axew, Leavanny, and Ducklett all ate from their individual bowls of food.

Ella's Serperior, Pachirisu, Braviary, Cofagrigus, Shiftry, and Deino ate near Trixa's Pokemon from their own bowls of food.

Shiftry was watching June's Electivire while she ate.

June's Manectric, Vaporeon, Ampharos, Blitzle, Pikachu, Lanturn, and Galvantula ate from their bowls near Ella's Pokemon, Magnezone watching Rotom silently.

June's Rotom was too busy paying attention to my Drifblim, who was red-faced as she hid behind a tree trunk, her back pressed against it, staring at the ground. Rotom was on the other side of the tree, smiling and chattering to Drifblim.

June's Electivire sat far away from the rest of the Pokemon, eating from his own bowl. His eyes were glued to Courtney's Scraggy.

Courtney's Scraggy, Sceptile, Amoonguss, Swoobat, Stoutland, and Maractus were eating as well, near their Trainer.

Scraggy had its eyes stuck on Electivire while it ate.

June, Ella, and Courtney were watching their specific Pokemon cautiously in case something happened.

My Unfezant, Excadrill, Dugtrio, Elgyem, and Weepinbell were eating away from the other Pokemon, sitting close to me.

Dugtrio appeared a little nervous as he looked away from his food to glance at the other Pokemon on occasion.

Elgyem's eyes were on Unfezant one minute, and then turned to me, eating without once looking down at his bowl.

He was creeping me out just a bit, and even though I kept this thought to myself, I wondered if, as a Psychic type, he already knew how I was feeling.

Unfezant paid Elgyem no mind, enjoying his food.

Cars drove by us as we all sat on the dirt road. The trees behind us were far too dense to travel through to try and locate space for us to eat privately, so we made a big show by sitting all of our Pokemon out along the edge of the road to eat while the five of us ate our own food.

"So you and I are the only ones ready for the Pokemon League, huh?" Trixa asked Courtney. "We're so ready!"

"Isn't it amazing?" Courtney squealed.

I rolled my eyes and grit my teeth jealously. We're not far from Ghyst Town, I thought. I'll get my eighth Badge soon, and so will Ella.

"Can I see what Badges you have?" Trixa asked Courtney excitedly.

Courtney licked her lips and her smiled faded slightly. "Well, of course you can! Can I see yours, too?"

"Yes!" Trixa dug through her red backpack for her Badge case.

Courtney opened her bag as well and looked through it, holding half a sandwich in one hand.

"Here ya go!" Trixa held out her open Badge case to Courtney.

"Wow! I have some of those Badges! And your Badge case is so pretty and glittery!" Courtney gushed.

"Thank you! I love this thing! It was a present from my daddy," Trixa said happily. "He always gets me the nicest things. I love him so much. It's so beautiful, isn't it?"

"It has the perfect white color with the sparkling glitter on it! Wow! How adorable!"
"Let me see your Badge case!" Trixa urged. "Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on-"