The End Of Trends

"If June thinks she knows what the problem is, why doesn't she just go back there by herself and help all of these kids?" Courtney complained wearily. "I don't want to get arrested!"

"Then why don't you just get out of here already?" June screamed.

"June, take it easy," I muttered. "Not in front of the kids."

June gasped and looked around her.

The group of children were on either side of the three of us, three on our left, and the other four on our right.

Gothorita was walking in front of us.

We were all heading back towards the town we had escaped from after Duskull had snatched away Officer Jenny's daughter, Polly, leading to us being chased out by a small mob of angry adults made up of parents, three cops, and teachers.

June had read Gothorita's words that were spoken to her a couple of hours ago and told me what she had heard from the Psychic Pokemon. She was determined to return the children to the town and resolve this horrifying situation.

All of the kids around us held a piece of fruit they were eating that Gothorita had given them. But now, the young ones had stopped chewing as they watched June and Courtney argue, frightened looks on their little faces.

Gothorita continued walking but turned her head around to stare at the two girls who were fighting.

"Yeah, June," Courtney smirked. "We have company. Try and hold in your irrational behavior until we get them back home, will ya?"

June turned to Courtney sharply but didn't make a sound, a deep loathing in her eyes. She looked ahead and continued to walk through the woods with us, glaring furiously.

"Miss June?" a little boy asked in a low voice, looking up at June nervously.

"Huh?" June turned to the boy with surprise and a smile spread over her face. "You can just call me June, honey. What's the matter, sweetie?"

The boy whose name I had forgotten looked away from her, to the ground. "Are you sure things will be okay when we get back home?" The child's voice was adorable. So innocent. So scared.

"Awwww!" Courtney exclaimed, coming to a stop as her hands clasped together near her face, staring down at the child in adoration.

Our entire group stopped and turned to him.

"He's so precious!" Courtney started to walk towards him. "Hey, listen to me. O-"

"Excuse me, I don't believe your name is June," June interrupted, and she stepped in front of Courtney as Courtney gasped loudly, and approached the young kid. A loving smile crossed her face. "Aw, little one!" She knelt down and opened her arms.

The boy walked over to her and June pulled him into a hug.

"Hey, you keep your head up, okay?" June said reassuringly. "We're going back home, and everything is going to be just fine. We're going to make sure of that, okay? You won't have to worry about anything anymore."

"You promise?" the boy asked sadly.

June held the boy's shoulders in her hands, maintaining her smile.

The boy smiled back a little bit.

"I promise. We'll make everything better," June nodded.

The boy smiled wider and nodded. "Okay. Thank you, Miss June."

June gushed over the boy's cuteness and hugged him again, practically looking like a happy mother.

I had to smile as I watched them, my body filling with warmth and comfort at the sight. Despite what had occurred for June, Courtney, and I since entering Prime Town, I felt relaxed at this moment.