The Cilant, Chiling Secress Of A Fowl Battler

"Ah, what a pleasant surprise," Cress said as he finished setting down a few plates full of delicious food on the table in front of a family and stood, turning to my group.

Cilan and Chili were nowhere in sight.

"Hey, Cress!" I greeted.

Everyone in the restaurant turned to look at me, their eyes wide. Excited murmurs rose up from the groups of people who had been eating beforehand, eager looks now on their faces.

Cress walked up to me, June, and Trixa, and bowed, a white cloth on his left arm. "It's a pleasure to see you three here once again. Chili and Cilan will be pleased. Are you here to dine?"

I shook my head. "No way. You know why I'm here today. It's my turn to battle you, Cress."

Thrilled shrieks from the ladies in the restaurant rang out, followed by the hooting of eager men. Kids erupted happily.

Cress smiled at the commotion behind him before turning back to me. "Very well then, Gary," he nodded with a wave of his hand.

"Oh, my! How delightful!" a voice cried out.

"Alright! Our three good friends are back!" another voice added.

We turned to see Chili and Cilan appear from a door in the back. They wore warm smiles on their faces as they approached us.

"Gary! Trixa! And of course, June!" Cilan bowed to us, a white cloth on his right arm.

"I anticipated your return!" Chili said eagerly, raising a fist.

"Chili!!" Trixa cheered, jumping in the air in front of Chili like the little girl she was.

"That's right!" I nodded. "This time, it's my turn to win that Badge!"

"Cress informed me that it was actually you who survived the attack at the Kanto Pokemon League two years ago!" Cilan suddenly brought up. "Is this true? Are you really that Gary?"

Louder murmurs came from the people in the restaurant around me.

"Yes," I said grumpily. "But I'm not here for that, please. I came to challenge the Unova League and defeat the Gym Leaders here. I just ask that that be our main objective today. Please."

"Of course!" Cilan nodded happily. "Forgive me! I'm sure that experience was a most bitter taste for you to have endured. Whatever will dilute the sourness of that dish, allow us to cater to your very whim and deliver that which is necessary to sweeten the tart ending of your travels in Kanto!"

"Uh..." I uttered. "Okay...?"

"Have you decided whom you'd like to battle?" Cilan questioned.

"I have. I'm sticking with my decision to battle Cress!"

Cress waved his hand gracefully. "It's an honor to battle you, Gary. I'm sure we'll learn quite a lot from each other during this round."

The lights in the building dimmed, like last time.

"And on that note..." Chili started.

"Allow us, the Striaton City Gym Leaders..." Cilan continued.

"To lead you towards the battlefield for the battle," Cress finished. He opened his hands, his fingers held together, and held them out towards the fireplace, a spotlight shining upon him.

Cilan's fingers spread wide apart as his arm extended to the fireplace and he was illuminated by light.

Chili, in between them, knelt down on one knee and raised two fists at the fireplace, a beam focusing on him, too.