Chapter 10 (Charlotte)

I really wanted to stay and watch the boys.  I mean Lou offered, so it wasn't like I was being a bother, right?  But I was also working today, so Alexandra was probably expecting me to get back as soon as I dropped the clothing off.

"I'd love to but I'm working today," I frowned, "thank you so much for the offer though- ouch," I grimaced as I felt the door slam my backside when I walked backwards on my way out the door.  I turned around and there was Ashton.  The Ashton Irwin?  From 5 Seconds of Summer.  My other favorite band.  I was at lost for words, and nothing came out.  God.

"Oh, so sorry there," he said. "Are you alright?"

"Erm, uh," is all I could say.  God dammit Charlotte pull yourself together.  He did his cute little giggle I only heard in interviews, but it was so nice to hear it right in front of me, in person.

"I'm Ashton, what's your name," he asked.  He was so fucking tall.  Like a skyscraper compared to me.

"I'm Charlotte," I said a little quietly.

"It's nice to meet you, Charlotte," he said as he passed by me over to one of the couches in the room.

"Ah, there it is," he said as he picked up his phone.

"Are you sure you can't stay? I know that you're a big fan of the boys, and I'm assuming you're a big fan of 5SOS as well," Lou laughed.

"Yeah, you should stay. We could have so much fun," he said as he reached for the door behind Lou.  He gave me a wink when she wasn't looking.  What the fuck was that?

"I really would, but I think Alexandra is expecting me," I said making my way towards the door past Ashton. "Besides, I don't want to be a bother."

"No, no it's fine, really Charlotte! I can call Alexandra myself," Lou said taking out her phone.

"In fact, let me talk to her," Ashton said.  Lou and I gave him a weird look.

"What? I just thought maybe it'd get her to say yes more if more than one person wanted her to stay," he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright then," Lou said handing him her phone. "It's all yours, just hand me back my phone when your done. No funny business playing on my phone," she laughed as she started walking away towards the boys.  I heard the dial tone ringing and then heard Alexandra pick up as Ashton held it to his ear.

"Hello, Lou?"

"No, hello Alexandra. This is Ashton Irwin from 5 Seconds of Summer."

"Oh hello. I thought you were Lou calling about Charlotte."

"Oh yes, Lou is busy at the moment so she handed me the phone. Charlotte has just arrived and Lou and the boys were wondering if she had any plans at work for the rest of the day. We would all love for her to stay."

"She does have a lot of work to do here, but if everyone insists on her staying, I guess I can't argue."

"Awesome, thanks Alexandra."

And with that, he hung up the phone.

"Well, it looks like you're here to stay," Ashton said smiling, but not an ordinary smile.  A mischievous grin, perhaps?  What was going on right now?