Chapter 37 (Charlotte)

I rushed in the door of Topshop at around 10:00.  I was soaking wet from the rain because I didn't have my umbrella.  Lily stared at me wide-eyed, who was near the front window display.

"Are you sick," she asked, running towards me.

"No, I'm fine," I said taking the hood of my jacket down.

"You look like shit," she said.

"Thanks, I'm aware," I said trying to take my jacket off with Starbucks in my hand.  She took the cup from me and took a sip.

"Wait," she said, frozen into place.  "You and Ashton didn't?"

"What are you talking about," I asked heading towards the back of the store.

"You did not sleepover with Ashton Irwin," she said following me.

"Jeesh could you say it any louder," I said reaching the back room and hanging my jacket and placing my bag on one if the shelves.

"You did! Oh my bloody god," she said putting her hands over her mouth.  "Oh my god! How was it?"

"It was fine," I said shrugging it off.

"Just fine? Really? No details," she said crossing her arms.

"Okay, it was great," I said throwing my arms up in the air.

"What is your problem," she asked prying.

"Nothing's wrong," I said opening the door to the store.

"Yeah right. Why can't  you just tell me what's wrong," she asked still following me.

"Okay," I said turning around to look at her.  "So we slept together! I lost my virginity to Ashton Fletcher Irwin and it was amazing but now it's over," I said feeling a little hot in the face as customers looked our way.

"How do you know it's over," Lily said more quietly so the customers would go back to their morning shopping.

"Because they won't be in London forever," I said turning around again.

"That doesn't mean it couldn't work," she said, starting to straighten up the clothing on the tables as Alexandra walked by to say good morning.

"Why do you think he sleeps with every girl in every city," I asked folding clothing on the other table.

"Because," she said turning around, leaning on the table behind her. "That was before he met you."

"No, I'm just another one of those girls that fell for him," I said feeling hot in the face, but not from embarrassment.  I could feel the tears forming in my eyes.  "Except, unlike those groupies, I can't forget about him and I can't get out of this."