Chapter 46 (Ashton)

I could hear the crowd roaring with excitement as the lights in the crowd went out and the spotlights came alive.  We all ran out and the screams got even louder.  I lived for this and the adrenaline rush.  I sat down at my drum set and looked out at the massive crowd.  But the only pair of eyes I was looking for were Charlotte's.  I looked down and over the side of the catwalk and spotted her with her friends.  We made eye contact and I gave her a wink, receiving a few shrieks from fans who were in the same direction as her.  She laughed and waved back.  We started playing the intro to Don't Stop.  The crowd was so loud tonight for our last show here in London.  It got me even more pumped.

Things started to calm down once we played Amnesia.

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving.  I remember the make up running down your face.  And the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them.  Like every single wish we ever made," Luke sang with his voice cracking a bit.  He always got emotional with this song.  "I wish that I could wake up with amnesia.  And forget about the stupid little things.  Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you, and the memories I never can escape.  'Cause I'm not fine at all."

And it took the chorus of one of our songs to realize that even though I've only known this girl for a few days, I was leaving her.  And I feel like everything would fall apart if I did.  I needed to at least know that if I were to leave Charlotte, that she would still be waiting for me.  Because she was different.  She made me feel something that I have never felt before.  Love.  I'm in love with Charlotte Greene.