Chapter 26 (Ashton)

I looked up and saw a man in a t-shirt and flannel pants greet us at the door.  He stared at us as if he just saw a ghost.

"Uh, Ashton, this is my flatmate, Will," Charlotte said looking a little embarrassed.  "Will, this is Ashton Irwin."

"Nice to meet you man," I said holding my hand out for him to shake.  He took it a little loosely, like he didn't know how a handshake worked.

"Nice to meet you too," he said looking confused.  "Charlotte didn't mention that you were Ashton Irwin." Charlotte looked away and put her hair behind her ears, the thing she did in awkward situations.

"Well, it's getting late, see you tomorrow," she asked entering the flat.

"Yup, see you tomorrow," I said stepping down from the stairs to the flat and giving Will one final nod before turning around to go back to the van.  I played the tonight over and over in my head while on my way back to the hotel.  The boys were probably just chilling or maybe even turning in early for the night.  Did the date go as I planned it?  I mean it was great.  Charlotte was great.  But I could have done something more.  Were you expecting a one night stand, the voice inside my head asked.  Yes and no. Yes, because that's all I have ever done really.  No, because she was Charlotte.

I arrived back to my room to find that none of the boys were in there.  I then stripped down to my boxers and pulled the duvet cover over top of me.  I dreamt of Charlotte and only Charlotte that night.