Chapter 7 (Charlotte)

I emerged from the underground tube and walked down the street.  According to the man at the ticket booth, he said that Studio 8, the studio I was supposed to drop the clothes off at, was very close.  I arrived in front of a small, plain-looking building, painted black with white lettering saying Studio 8.  I guess this is it I thought.  I opened the door and entered a spacious foyer or lobby-looking space.  Pretty spacious for what it seemed on the outside.  There was a glass desk with an Apple computer, with no one sitting there.  The place looked contemporary and modern with its creamed colored marble tiles, tall brown vases in the corner, and a chandelier that glistened when the sun from the window on top of the door shined through.  There was no one in sight, so I decided to go down a hallway past the lobby area.  There were several doors on the left of me, with a few security guards walking around.  One security guard turned around and I thought I recognized him from somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Hello miss, can I help you," he asked with a little confusion.

"Erm, hi, my name is Charlotte, I was asked to drop this off to Lou," I said holding up the clothing in their Topshop suit covers.

"Ah, yes, you're the Topshop girl. One second please," he said as he disappeared into one of the doors.  I awkwardly waved to the other security guards who were waiting outside the doors with me.

"Charlotte," the security guard called to me from the slightly opened door. "You may come in now," he said coming into the hallway and opening the door for me.

"Thanks," I said as I almost gasped and dropped the clothing because of what I was seeing with my eyes.