Chapter 28 (Charlotte)

I woke up with a thousand thoughts running through my mind.  The way Will couldn't think of what to say last night.  Why was he really so against Ashton?  I needed some expertise.

"What," Lily said with her mouth agape.  "Why didn't you tell me?"  I was now at work.  I just told her everything.  When I dropped off the clothing at Studio 8, the note I found in my purse, dinner at Portofino's, the almost kiss?  I think.  And how Will reacted towards Ashton.

"Because you were already freaking out about a regular date," I said tossing her a shirt to fold.  "I've only known you for like two weeks and I know how you'd react.  You would have said 'wow, what if he's the one.'"

"You're right, maybe I would have.  But there's no shame into feeling something for Ashton," she said folding the last shirt from the box.

"I don't feel anything for Ashton," I said.

"Yeah, right," she said rolling her eyes.  "I can see it on your face, in your eyes, the way you shrug things off.  You're just scared to feel something for someone so fast because you think that you need security with a guy when really you just need a little fun in your life.  Who knows?  Maybe Ashton really could be something more to you."

"But why go after Ashton when he will be leaving to continue his tour very soon when I have my flatmate that I've known for like a year now," I asked throwing my hands up.

"Oh yeah let's talk about Will for a second, he's jealous," she said crossing her arms.

"What," I said looking at her like she had bees coming out of her ears.

"Come on, no guy who you've been 'friends' with would be so against this guy who he just met! He's jealous!  He likes you," she said coming to a conclusion.

"No," I said straightening up the jeans on the display table.

"Come on, the way he teases you, the way you guys are so close, him always being shirtless around you, and now the jealousy," she said following me as I worked.

"Don't forget the countless women he's been with," I said.

"That's just part of the act," she said throwing a pair of jeans at me in frustration.  "Don't you get it?  He's just been trying to get you to like him all this time by making you jealous.  And now he's pissed because now he might lose you after all his hard work when Ashton just comes in your life for two days and he's all that you can think about."

"That's not true, I fell for Will the first time I saw him," I said pointing at her in correction.

"Which means after just hanging out with Ashton that you could fall for him too," she said pointing back.  "Why can't you just admit it?"