Chapter 13

James and I woke up to a buzzing that wouldn't stop. The rain had lightened up for three in the morning, but it was still pretty heavy for LA. We both fumbled around in the dark of my bedroom to find a light. I went into the kitchen to find my phone being called about sixteen times by Carlos and three times by Kendall. Shit, Kendall. Shit, going to Carlos's.

"Hello?" I asked groggy still as I answered the next call from Carlos a few seconds after the last.

"Oh my God! We thought you washed away somewhere!" Lex yelled even though Carlos called. I raised my brows hearing the loud voice in my ear.

"Nope, I'm alive and well." I mumbled as Carlos sounded like he was fumbling with getting his phone back from his wife.

"How'd today go? You never came over." He said as if I had forgotten. My eyes were drawn to the doorway of my bedroom, where James stood rubbing his eyes down the hall. He was out of bed and waiting for me to return before he would. He was the sweetest.

"It's still going. I'll call you tomorrow. Bye." I told Carlos before he could argue, knowing very well my smile came across in my tone. I hung up and turned off my phone. I then stumbled back into my room, pulling James by the hand as I climbed back into bed with James, but this time I was facing away and James brought me close to him. I felt his breath on my neck and his arm shielding me. He reached down and grabbed my hand as my heart skipped yet another beat. Before we knew it, it was back to dream land.

When we finally awoke for real, I was facing the ceiling laying on my back, but James's torso was half on me and half on the bed. His face was facing mine, but was still sleeping. His left hand was holding mine and my arm was wrapped around his. I felt very comfortable which I wasn't sure was a good thing or not. I turned to face him, but kept his hand in mine. He didn't stir, only his light snores increased. I laid staring at this beautiful man, who was even shielding me in my sleep. I felt completely safe and happy with him. But I didn't know what was holding me back besides the fact he was sleeping. Eventually I closed my eyes and buried my face in James's covered chest which smelled amazing. That woke him up. He groaned, but assumed I was sleeping so he brought me closer to his body and held me with both arms. I felt so content. I looked up at him to see him looking down at me.

"Good morning." I whispered. James smiled sweetly.

"Morning." He whispered back. He stared into my eyes which seemed to feel like he was stealing my soul. I would've let him do that too.

Before either of us could control our urge, we in sync, stretched and rested our lips on one another's. Sparks. I couldn't explain it in any other way, which I didn't want to. His sweetness couldn't be explained in any other way, but his passion for me was being shot off like fireworks from his mouth to mine. The fireworks traveled from my lips to my entire body. His hands kept their position and I felt mine going up his face. He then shifted and laid me on my back without removing his lips. His heavily formed muscles hovered above my body and kept us at a safe distance.

"I've been waiting to do that since I met you." James whispered breathless with his lips centimeters away from mine. His eyes entertained mine more than anything I had ever been consumed with. I smiled.

"I've been waiting for you to do that just as long as you have." I whispered. He smiled happily then leaning close and kissing my lips softly and sweetly only once. Oh, how I yearned for more though. This kiss was different than my kiss with Kendall. This was something completely new. I didn't feel like I wanted to stop, there was no guilt. Even thinking about him now, comparing the kisses, I didn't want to stop kissing James when I knew I had hesitated while thinking of James while kissing Kendall.

"What are you doing today?" James asked then laying down next to me. I smiled thinking, but then immediately panicked. Work. I shot straight up, looked at the clock. Eight thirty. I had to get there in thirty minutes.