Chapter 27

I waited till ten to go inside the hospital without even going to the nurse to check in. I walked to my dad's room and knocked before opening the door. There he was watching tv again.

"Lizzi!" He smiled happily. I smiled back and brought my laptop up.

"I brought my boyfriend today." I told him. He furrowed his brow.

"I thought you said you didn't bring him." My dad said confused. I nodded.

"Physically, I didn't bring him, but I did however bring my laptop where you will be able to see and talk with him a little later." I told my dad. His smile melted my heart.

"I'm so excited." My dad told me taking my hand again.

Two hours exactly passed and I had had my laptop signed into wifi and Skype for a minute or two while James sent a text saying he was signing onto Skype. Moments later my laptop rang and my dad was overjoyed.

"Is this him?" My dad asked me. I nodded and accepted the call. In a second James's face showed up and he was all smiles seeing me again.

"Hi, James." I waved at him.

"Hi, babe." He said doing a little wave.

"I'm going to set you on a bed desk so you can see both dad and I." I told him. He nodded. I rolled the thing over and sat James up on it. I then tilted it where it was able to capture both my father and myself in the screen. James smiled as well as my dad.

"Dad, this is James, my boyfriend. James, this is my dad." I told them both.

"Very nice to meet you, sir." James said very firm yet submissive. I smiled and turned to look at my dad.

"Very nice to meet you as well, young man. My daughter talks you up to the standard of the stars." My dad said smiling gesturing towards the sky. James blushed a little and smiled down at his feet. "He's a handsome fellow, Lizzi." My dad gestured to James. I giggled blushing myself.

"He is quite a looker." I agreed with my dad. We talked a little as James was interviewed by my father and James answered honestly, always using 'yes sir' or 'no sir' to address my dad which I found very sweet and respectful.

I got up a moment to use the rest room down the hall and waited a moment before I came back and for good reason. James seemed so much more relaxed now that he had talked with my dad alone. My dad however, was a little more rigid.

"What you two talking about?" I asked coming back into shot. James waved it off.

"Nothing, honey." My dad smiled sweetly. I wondered a moment what would bother my father and relax James in a conversation? I didn't have the slightest clue. The chat went well and my father gave the typical warning of me being good to his little girl and James should treat me like a queen.

"I plan to sir." James insisted as our chat came to an end around four Tennessee time. James said goodbye to us and we ended the chat with thirty minutes to spare for my father and I for visiting hours.

"He's a very nice boy." My dad told me as I was picking up my stuff to leave. I smiled.

"He really is." I told my father.

"Are you two serious with one another?" My dad asked me. I shrugged.

"As serious as an eight month relationship can be." I told my father wondering why he was asking these questions.

"Do you think you'll be together for a long time?" My dad asked. I nodded sitting down again.

"Why do you ask?" I wondered. My father shrugged.