Chapter 43

*Two months later*
I waited the morning alone in my bed as I knew today, was the day. I was going to marry my best friend. James and I were stronger than ever and the last two months had been so eventful. John had scored a date with Hillary after her and her boyfriend broke up and now was bringing her to the wedding this evening. Alexa and Carlos had given birth to a beautiful baby girl, Maria Beatrice PenaVega who now was my flower girl and would be walked down the isle by Carlos himself. Alexa however was my maid of honor while John was James's best man. As I lied in bed, John came knocking at my door. I rolled over and smiled at him. He was in his normal clothes for the day until closer to the wedding when he'd be in his suit. I sat up as he smiled.

"Glowing bride, your maid of honor is here with your flower girl." John said taking a step aside and letting Alexa walk into view with little Maria on her hip. I gasped.

"Hello!" I smiled at them as I got up. John then exited the room as I played with Maria.

"You look so beautiful!" Alexa said to me. I scoffed.

"Don't lie to the bride on her wedding day." I said knowing I looked like every other day. Alexa winked.

"You're glowing, seriously." She said as I sat down with Maria and Alexa followed. I rolled my eyes.

"Ready to be Mrs. Maslow?" Alexa asked. I giggled and nodded slowly.

"Seems like yesterday I barely met all of you and now you guys are the most important people in my life." I said kissing Maria's head. Alexa had her finger in her baby's hand as she nodded.

"Crazy." Alexa agreed. She then grabbed her baby and then smiled at me.
"Go downstairs, before John eats it all. I brought breakfast. Nothing too heavy in case of nerves." Alexa said. I smiled and we headed downstairs. All day was a rush free way to get dressed and prettied up.

Alexa's dress was a gorgeous Chiffron yellow halter topped, sweetheart neckline, floor length dress with a high low skirt. Her bouquet was yellow roses with small baby white roses. Maria had a small halter too dress similar to Alexa's but it had a square neck line and she would have a white flower head band. John's suit was a normal black suit, but he'd have a yellow rose in his pocket and a yellow tie. James's tux was a white tux with a yellow bow tie and a white rose in his suit pocket. My dress was a Chriffron empire waist a-line gown with a sweetheart neckline with laced capped sleeves, with a satin belt with a little flower embellishment. I had gotten my dress on and was now sitting at my vanity as Alexa did my hair. She was adding volume and curling it into soft even waves. My makeup was done by yours truly and I was looking quite glamourous. John had Maria on his lap as they both were ready to go. The nerves hadn't set in yet, but I knew as soon as I left my bedroom, I would feel them.

"You look stunning!" Alexa shrieked as she put the veil on me as we were about to leave my bedroom. I stepped into my yellow heels and we were set.

"Thank you for everything." I smiled at her. She shook her head.

"It's what girlfriends are for." She said waving it away. Alexa set Maria up in her car seat as we were soon to be late to the venue. Alexa had gotten a limo and we were ushered into a long white one as we exited my house. We got to the venue and we waited in the limo until John said it was clear that we got out. Inside the venue there were friends and family of James's and then business associates and friends of mine awaiting, or so I thought. I stood in the hallway as some strays were filing into the hall. Dustin walked by and whistled my way making me blush. Logan came over with Terri and kissed my cheek before he entered where everyone was being seated. Then came Kendall. He looked better and less sad this time around. He smiled and hugged me before taking his seat, without saying a word.