Chapter 26

In a minute James was calling me on Skype. "Hey!" I waved at James. He smiled and was still at my house. I could see Alexa and Carlos in the background eating take out in the kitchen. He must've been sitting at my desk and on my new work computer.

"Hey baby! I miss you so much." He said making a frowny face. I giggled.

"I know. I miss you so much. All of you guys!" I said as the others came to join James.

"We miss you too!" Lex said waving.

"How's everything going?" Carlos asked as James had obviously told them what was going on. I shrugged.

"I spent time only with my dad today. Cried. Got a note from my mom to go over to her house for dinner where they either hate me, envy me, or want to befriend me." I said. Carlos shook his head as Alexa stuck her bottom lip out.

"Why'd you get upset?" James asked.

"My dad. He's in bad shape, he's almost unrecognizable. The cancer has made him so weak and so sickly looking." I explained. James sighed.

"I'm so sorry." James said as the others were grabbing chairs to join the chat.

"It's okay, ya know. I do have a question though, what are you doing tomorrow from around noon to two?" I asked James. He shrugged.

"I have a meeting at eight till like ten, but then won't have anything to do afterwards and will most likely work on your house. Why?" James asked. I smiled.

"Dad wants to talk with you." I smiled evilly. Alexa giggled lounging in her office chair.

"Like a phone call?" Carlos asked in one of the sitting area chairs we had bought.

"I was thinking more like this, Skype?" I asked nervously.

"Awe!" Alexa said holding her tummy adoringly.

"Uh, sure. He really wants to talk to me?" James asked me surprised. I nodded.

"Yep, his exact words were, 'before it's too late'." I said as the mood was just killed. Carlos cleared his throat and I felt awkward suddenly.

"So noon to two I'll definitely be free." James said after me sitting still and looking at my own feet. I nodded.

"Thank you." I told him.

"So, are going to your mom's for dinner?" Alexa asked to cut to another subject. I shook my head.

"No." I told them. She frowned.

"But, shouldn't you at least try?" She asked. I shook my head because she didn't understand.

"No, I don't want to, at least not yet. I can't face my dad and my mom like this both in the same day. It would be more than dinner that would be dished out to her." I told them.

"We'll keep you in our prayers!" Carlos told me which made me smile.

"Thank you so much you guys. I really wish you all could meet my dad, he's so different from when I left. The divorce really made him change his perspective." I told James as Carlos and Alexa headed upstairs to work on something and said goodbye.

"Well, there's that ray of sunshine in the cloud of family drama, right?" James asked leaning forward with his elbows on the desk.

"Yeah I guess so. What's your meeting for tomorrow?" I asked trying to get my mind off things for awhile.

"Oh, some company wants me to model and be their spokesperson for them since 'Sequestered' is on a break till we start shooting the next season." James said not seeming very excited.

"That's great! I'm so happy for you, babe!" I said over joyed for him. He's been home too long, he needed a hobby.

"Yeah, but it doesn't compare to your message. Mine is Hanes clothing while you're the spokesperson of something that changes lives." James said leaning back in my chair. I smiled.

"What would the world be without men in their underwear, socks, and crew neck tshirts though? Disastrous!" I said making him smile and laugh.

"I miss you. You always know how to make me feel at ease with everything." James told me. I smiled and leaned my head on my hand.

"I miss you too. You can always do the same for me." I sighed. James looked down at his hands and then looked up as if he wanted to ask me something then he stopped.

"Baby, are you going to be okay out there all alone?" James asked me. I sighed and sat up straight.

"I'm not alone. I have your heart with me." I told James holding up my wrist and showing him the heart he had drawn and I had redrawn this morning. James smiled genuinely happy and lifted up his wrist. My heart was still there too. I smiled wanting to hug him, but I refrained from hugging the computer screen.

"You're perfect." James told me. I rolled my eyes. "Don't do that. You know it's true." He said smiling.

"I do in fact get told this very frequently from this amazing guy who does look pretty damn good right now." I told him. James smiled

"I love you, with all my heart." I told James in quiet tone.

"I love you, to the moon and back." James said back. I smiled shyly and blew him a kiss as he pretended to catch it and hold it to his heart.

"Goodnight, James." I told him.

"Goodnight, my love." James said back. We hung up and I was left alone again. I jumped on my freshly made bed and sighed.

I got ready for bed, not hungry for the night and just watched cable from the hotel tv. I sat alone in my room until midnight. I fell asleep eventually, but woke up from a nightmare that I was at the hospital with my dad and he had choked me until he died. You would've thought I would've been the one to die from lack of air, but he did rather than me. I was in a cold sweat when I woke up and shakily grabbed my phone. It was three here so midnight in LA. I texted Alexa since I knew she usually was up due to kicking of the baby.

Me: Hey, you up?

Took her only a moment to respond.

Alexa: Yep! Baby girl doesn't like when it rains.

Me: I'm awake too....

Alexa: Gee, really? I thought you were sleep texting? LOL

I laughed out loud and turned on the light in my hotel room. I curled into a ball at the head of my bed and continued to tell Alexa about the nightmare.

Alexa: That's super messed up! What did you eat for dinner? It must've messed with you!

Me: Nothing, didn't eat.

Alexa: Ah, there ya go. You're hungry!

I laughed, it was most likely true. We texted a few minutes more and we both decided to try to sleep again, which I did. I woke up at seven the next morning and did my morning routine with makeup and hair, but simply wore jeans and a hoodie. Then I was out the door finding breakfast along the way and coffee and heading to the hospital with my laptop in tow.