Chapter 37

I however was far from heartache. I was in a sudden bliss that only my wildest dreams would've thought I'd actually get to live out. The room was as it was before but there was a lot quite different. The print that had been above my bed was now replaced by a huge picture of James and myself from the photoshoot where I was smiling at the camera and he was looking down at me adoringly. That however was heart warming, but it was not what I began to cry over. Four little frames had words printed in them and they all equaled the size of the portrait of James and myself.

The first frame had the word 'Will', the second then had 'You', the third had 'Marry', and the fourth had 'Me?'. The room had those electric candles on and red rose petals laid on the bed with actual bouquets of white roses filling every surface, there in all were probably seventy vases of a dozen roses each. I turned around to see James on one knee looking the most nervous i had ever seen him. I smiled down at him as John then came out of my bathroom with a camera, he was recording.

"Oh my God." I cried as James reached into his pocket but didn't open the box he brought forward. He grabbed both my hands and put the box in my hands but then held my hands to encase the box.

"Elizabeth Anne Allen, I have to say, I was going crazy trying not to ask you to marry me all week long. I just couldn't find the perfect time, until now. I prayed and I talked to God, your dad, I even talked to your dad and even John, and I asked for their guidance and permission. I knew that one day I wanted to marry you and now I have gotten enough courage to bare my soul in front of you. I want to ask you, the woman I have never imagined myself falling for, the woman who I have been crazily in love with since she stole my heart at a movie theater the day I hoped to become just good friends. I finally knew when I spoke to your father that you were the one, he gave me permission and I asked John for permission as well. To invade in John's life, to invade on your fathers only daughters heart, and I have their permission. I just now need yours. I just need your permission to take care of you and to support you and those you love. I need your permission and your blessing to give my heart completely to you. I need you to say yes. Say yes to my only question. Will you marry me?" James asked me. I cried and happily nodded as he stood up and kept talking. "Yes?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Yes!" I said as I threw myself around him. He held me and the box in his hands and laughed happily.

"Whoo!" John hollered from my bathroom. I giggled and hid my face in James's neck as James spun me around. I hadn't expected this but I guess that's what made it right.

"Wait, wait, here." James said setting me down and smiling like crazy with tears on his water line. James grabbed the box and opened it and held it out to me. I took the box and saw a very glits and glamour, but still modest and humbling ring. The ring itself was on a silver band, with gold weaved into it. The middle diamond was modest size and had two smaller ones on either size. It was gorgeous. He took out the ring and held it out to me. I offered him my hand as he chuckled and put it on my finger. "I designed it myself." James said as I stared at the ring.

"It's gorgeous. James, oh my God." I said still choked up. John came over and put his arm around James's shoulders.

"Who else helped you?" John asked cocky. James laughed.

"John confirmed the style, cut, and your ring size." James said smiling and putting an arm around John as well now. I couldn't be happier. My boys, they were mine now and I couldn't have been happier about that.