Chapter 32

Author's Note:
So! Thanks to the March of 2021 rewrite/edit of this story, there is smut. You're welcome. So if you are not pro-smut, skim a bit. Enjoy!

*****************************************

###############################

******************************************

We got back to the hotel and grabbed James and mines things and then hit the road. We had booked a flight tomorrow night back to LA and tonight we were driving to Nashville. We packed up some of John's stuff and stopped by the post office and we mailed some of his things to James's place since my house wasn't ready yet. He kept some of his stuff in my suitcase and some in James's duffle bag for the days we would be traveling.

"Are you nervous?" James asked that night as he drove the car and I was in the passenger seat and John snored in the backseat.

"For?" I asked as I looked at the road ahead us that was illuminated by headlights.

"Being a guardian?" James asked. I shrugged.

"It won't be the same as before, but it was pretty great having someone I was biologically related to, to talk to." I said then looking at James. He nodded.

"Well, I think you were pretty great back there. You always made sure John was safe and he knew everything was okay." James said grabbing my hand and tracing my elevated tattoo on my wrist. I smiled at it. So much had happened, and I felt like I had been going for years with no sleep.

"It was instinct." I said sighing and taking James's hand in mine and playing with his fingers while looking at his bruises and cuts. "We should clean this." I told James. He shrugged.

"It's fine." He told me. I giggled.

"Hardly, love." I told him. He smirked.

"I love you." James said.

"I love you too." I told him kissing his cheek.

*Two days later, back in LA*

We had arrived this morning back in LA. We were nervous to be back because Alexa and Carlos wanted to come see us. I didn't know how well they would adapt to James and I stealing my brother and flying him across the country, but we just had to try. It was four o'clock and we were meeting the PenaVega's at a restaurant on Sunset. John was nervous for meeting them so when they arrived with strange looks on their faces, it didn't help any.

"Hey guys!" I greeted them as James whispered something to John.

"Hey! I thought it was just the four of us." Carlos said smiling at John.

"Yeah, hi!" Alexa waved. John stood and offered his hand to them, shaking both one at a time.

"Guys this is John, my little brother." I introduced them. Alexa's mouth dropped.

"Oh my Gosh! Brother!" She said going in for a hug then.

"You didn't tell us your brother was going to be visiting." Carlos said giving John a bro hug. I smiled at James and he hugged the PenaVega's then.

"About that..." I started as I gestured towards our table. We all sat back down. James and I together, John on the end on the other side of me, then Carlos and Alexa. "We have some big news." I told them. Carlos looked scared.
"I am actually going to be taking legal guardianship of John." I explained to Carlos and Alexa whose mouths dropped.

"Really?" Alexa shrieked not excited or worried. She looked rather confused.

"Yes, now before you ask questions, yes,  my mom is still alive. I just felt that John would do better living with me." I explained to Carlos and Alexa who sat questioning me with their stares.