Part-28

AIDEN

We were inside the house in no time. It had so many rooms, that it was so difficult to figure out the right one. We divided ourselves in 3 different groups and went in different directions. I took Greg and one of my bodyguard with me.

Suddenly I hear the sound of a girl sobbing, it was coming from the room in right.

I took faint steps and opened the door.
I saw Skylar, she was heavily injured. There was blood all over, there were several bruises on her body. I run over to her.

She was tied to a wooden chair, her mouth was covered with a cloth. I remove the cloth, she was crying.

"Aiden, you came..." She kept on crying.
Greg was undoing the ropes.

She embraced me in her warm hug. It felt eternal.

"I had to come for you." I kissed her forehead. "Now you are safe, I'm here. Nothing's gonna hurt you baby."

"Not so fast Romano."

I turned back, it was...Brian Miller! He used to be my best friend. But shit got messed up when he got jealous of my success, where he was rotting with some drug addicts and planning his revenge one me. He discovered that Skylar was my weakest spot, so that vengeful asshole captured her.

I am going to fucking kill him!

"Remember me, Aiden?" He took a few steps near me.

He had a gun.

"Of course, how can I forget my former best friend?" I said with sass.

"Bullshit! Don't call me your best friend! You left me to die, when I had nothing. You kept growing richer and you left me. You cheater! It's gonna be your end game today." He pointed his gun towards me. My heart started beating fast, is this the end of me? Will I not get to see my unborn child? Will young Skylar be left alone with my children? My head was messed up with all these thoughts I had. Suddenly I heard a bang on the door.

"Not so fast Miller."

I peep, it was Taneya! What is she doing here?
She aimed at Brian's foot and shot him on his leg. It was a badass move. Taneya used to be my ex assistant but I had fired her because she failed her drug test. I had no idea she would come to help me.

I saw Brian crying in pain, well he deserved it. It's the outcome of hurting my Skylar.
I bend down at Brian, I will kill this man. He has hurt Skylar enough.

I pointed my gun on his head and said
"Nobody messes with what's mine." I shot him.
I drop the gun.

Taneya comes over to me and she says "Don't worry, I've got this. Go to Skylar, she needs you."

She was right.

Everyone left the room, it was just me and Skylar.

There were other goons in the building too, but I have my people to take care of them. All I needed to do now is...hold Skylar. She needs and and I need her too.

I run my hands through her belly, to see whether our baby is fine or not, it seems fine.
I cup Skylar's face in my hand and look at her.
What a pure soul.

"It was my fault to have dragged you into this mess." I felt so guilty.

She hugs me and says "Don't say so Aiden, I can't imagine my life without you now, let it be with risks and danger, but I simply can't picture my life with you in it. You are a part of me now Aiden, promise me you will never leave me."

"I promise you Skylar. I love you." I kiss her shoulders.

"I love you Aiden."

I seal my lips with her.

——-

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES:

1. BROKEN PIECES

2. LOVE AT FIRST SHOW