thirteen.

new year

The next morning, the García household was silent.

Tessa was the first to wake up, changing into loose clothes to go for a run. However, she wasn't just planning on keeping up with her fitness – she had a promise to fulfill.

While slipping on a light jacket, she glances over at her dresser and looks at the silver coin facing towards her. She stares at it for a while, before walking over and taking the coin out of the case – slipping it into her pocket. She needed the good luck.

The girl sneaks into the living room, forgetting that her father was set up in a bed to the side, also awake. She makes eye contact with him, making a sleepy smile form on his face.

"I'm just going for a run." The brunette tells him.

"Be safe." He replies, earning a nod from his daughter.

Tessa grabs a banana from the fruit bowl in the kitchen, opening it to eat as she walks outside. She only stops when she notices her uncle sitting on the top step of the front porch.

Hank turns around when he hears the girl, downing a glass of water. "Morning, Tessa."

The García girl looks at him for a moment before rolling her eyes, walking past him to eat her banana.

"I understand if you hate me."

"I don't hate you, Hank," Tessa says, whipping around to confront him. "I just think that you need to revaluate your life. Immediately."

"And how would you suggest I do that?" He asks.

The girl lets out a sigh at her uncle. "I don't know – try to sober up? Let your family back into your life? Understand that not all android's are to blame for Cole."

"Since when did you become such an android lover?" Hank jokes, lightly chuckling.

Her heart jumps as she looks away from him, avoiding the question. After finishing her banana, Tessa shakes her head and places the skin in their rubbish bin. She then turns on her heels and starts to jog, not giving her uncle a reply.

She increases her speed as she runs through her neighbourhood, the dark shadows disappearing from the sun rising over the hill. The warmth touches her skin delicately, bringing her a feeling of calmness.

The brunette approaches a bus stop at the front of the block, her eyes narrowing as she recognises a familiar blue glow coming from inside of it.

She slows down as she approaches it, a wave of shock washing over her and she sees Simon sitting on the bench.

"Simon?"

The blonde looks over to make eye contact with the girl, instantly standing up when he recognises her. The two come together before embracing tightly.

"Are you okay? Where did you go?" She worriedly asks him, gripping on to the sides of his arms.

"I just ran. I don't where. Next thing it was morning – and now I'm here," Simon tells her, physically stressed by the situation as he trembles. "Tessa, I don't know what to do."