Chapter 3: My First Ally?

I sighed, knowing that nobody else was going to visit. Then, I heard the door open. I looked up, surprised. It was..... what? Why would he visit? My face turned down into a scowl.

"Well, looks like you're in a bit of a predicament" I didn't respond. He laughed. "Silent as always, eh? Well, I can't blame you, you always are at a loss for words" I looked at him and snarled, 

"I choose when I'm quiet and when I talk" He laughed. 

"Ah well, see you on the screen, tribute" As I watched my father leave, I realized that my life had been a bit void of something. That something was a caring family. I decided it was time to get on the train to go to the Capital. I boarded the train and waited for May and our mentors. Despite myself, I was excited to meet Katniss and Peeta. The Girl On Fire and Lover Boy. I chuckled slightly. Maybe I needed to figure out a better nickname for Peeta than Lover Boy. I was also excited to meet Haymitch. I had loved watching him dive off the stage those years ago... back when my life was easier... 

"HEY! JAKE!" I broke out of my thoughts to see that May had sat down in the seat across from me. 

"S-Sorry May" I said, looking away.

"Are you okay?"

"Well, seeing as I'm about to go to a competition against my best friend where we have to fight to the death, no" She sighed and said,

"I can't believe we actually have to do this." 

"Me neither" 

"Well... once we get into the arena... do you think we should be..."

"Allies?" She nodded. I sighed slightly,

"Anything to postpone having to fight you" She frowned.

"Yeah... I can't believe it..." I sighed heavily. Then, my anger started flowing. I growled. 
"I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE MAKING US DO THIS. I HATE THE CAPITAL. I HATE SNOW. WHY DID HE HAVE TO RETURN TO POWER!?"

"Jake, please... Not so loud"

"NO. I AM THROUGH BEING QUIET. WHEN IT'S TIME FOR OUR INTERVIEWS, I KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO SAY"

Then, I saw our mentors standing in to door to the train