Chapter 12

(Written August 2, 2014)

(Liz's Point of View)

As I finish cleaning, I'm proud to say that the apartment looks brand new. The kitchen especially sparkles like it's from a magazine my mother used to read when Connor was alive. I find a box of pancake mix, and begin making pancakes for everyone. Suddenly, I hear noises behind me and turn around to see the guys awake and walking into the kitchen. I smile and say, "Good afternoon, sleepyheads. Pancakes anyone?"

Realizing they aren't really paying attention to me and are in some kind of shock, I giggle.

"Is this our house or am I still dreaming?" John jokes.

"Wow, Liz, this is amazing." comments Liam.

"But you know what else is amazing?" We look at Liam curiously. He pauses for a second, then yells, "I GET TO USE THE BATHROOM FIRST!" and runs to the bathroom, with Jason running behind him. Liam tries to close the door as Jason and John push to open it. I laugh at their childishness and smile when I hear them agree to just brush their teeth together.

As I finish cleaning the counter from the pancake mess, I hear a knock at the door. I go to see who it is, and find someone has left the newspaper on the mat. I pick it up and wander back inside. Finding a highlighter, I sit down at the small dining table and highlight all jobs that I could apply for. I now have three people who believe me, and I need to earn money to help them out. Once I have highlighted enough jobs, I decide to give each one a call to ask for a possible interview.