Chapter 13

(Written August 4, 2014)

(Liz's POV)
As I begin to dial the first place's phone number, all the guys return, so I quickly hang up.

"John, let Chef Liz serve brunch," Liam says, pushing John's hand away from the pancakes. I serve them pancakes, and they fight each other to grab the fruit I cut, whipped cream, maple syrup, and coffee. As we are eating, John gets up halfway through to leave. "Guys, I'm going to college now and will be back by 7 or 8 pm, so don't wait up." A couple of minutes later, Liam finishes up and says he's going to band rehearsal and will be back around the same time as John. Leaving Jason and me in awkward silence, Liam leaves with his things as well. I quickly finish up my food and take my plate to the sink. I go back to the table and pick up Liam's and John's plates as well. I begin washing the dishes while looking outside at the nice sunny day. Never noticing the water dripping onto the floor from the counter and sink, I keep washing the dishes. A few minutes later, Jason comes with his dishes and puts them beside the other ones, standing beside me.

"So, how was the food?" I ask, starting a conversation.

(Jason's POV)

After Liz has taken all the plates, I quickly finish up and go to the kitchen just so I can talk to her. When I walk in with the dishes, she turns around and looks beautiful with the sunlight shining on her.

"So, how was the food?" she asks.

I truthfully answer, "Incredible! You are the best chef I know of, and if you make such delicious pancakes from a box, I can't wait to taste your other recipes." She smiles, relieving a heavy load off my heart.

"So, are you adjusting well? I hope you aren't having any problems, and if you are, please tell me," I ask, concerned.

She smiles again, "No, I'm not having any problems, and thanks to you, John, and Liam, I feel at home."

Hearing that, I smile with satisfaction.