Chapter 20

(Written August 11, 2014)

As soon as I return to the boys, I'm pulled into a group hug. In the meantime, Kiara announced that the pizza has arrived so the four of us then head over to grab a couple slices.

A while later, Kiara makes another announcement. "Alright everyone, once you are finished with the food, please find a partner and come to the center. This is the last activity for the night since it's getting late. Before leaving, please do come say bye, but for now, enjoy!"

Both John and Liam rush to ask me for a dance, but Liam speaks first. "Liz, may I please have this dance?" I smile, "Of course."

All of a sudden, Counting Stars by One Republic begins to play. As Liam and I dance, I find myself looking around. Why? My eyes are searching for Jason, but I can't see him. As we continue to dance, I finally spot him dancing with Kiara and look away. Suddenly, the DJ yells, "switch partners!" and Liam spins me around just in time for someone else to catch my hand. The song changes to "It Was Always You" by Maroon 5. I look up and it's Jason. We sway side to side and to distract myself from my racing heartbeat, I start listening to the lyrics.

Hazel lights, I was so colorblind, we were just wasting time, oh, oh.

For my whole life, we never crossed the line, only friends in my mind. But now I realize.

It was always you, can't believe I could not see it all this time, all this time.

It was always you, now I know why my heart wasn't satisfied, satisfied.

It was always you.

As the song continues, Jason spins me around and hugs me. We pull apart and the moonlight shines on us. He puts a hand on my face and brushes it with his thumb. I smile and put both my arms around his neck. With some cliché, magical powers, everyone and everything around us seems frozen in time. We get closer and closer and then finally, we kiss.