Chapter 21

(Written August 18, 2014)

TWO YEARS LATER

It's been more than two years since Kiara's party. The day after, Jason took me to the park and asked me out. Other than that, not much has changed at our apartment. Until now.

The four of us decided to move to the land of stars. We're moving to the one place Connor always wanted to visit: Los Angeles.

Everyone pitched in to lease a 1970s two-story home. Today, we're taking our last few things from the apartment and driving seven hours from Redding to Hollywood! And boy, am I pumped.

Right now, though, I'm sitting on the apartment floor, playing a game of chess on my phone. I only had one more suitcase to pack and finished in 30 minutes. The guys are all in the bathroom, getting ready to leave soon.

I stretch my arms and feel a pain in my back. It must be from sleeping on the floor for the past two nights since we sold our bunk beds on Craigslist.

A little while later, all our things are packed in the car. We return to the empty apartment to look around one last time. "Hey, let's take one last selfie in the apartment," John says, taking out his phone. "Smile."

Hesitantly, we all step out of the apartment, and Jason locks the door for the final time. We meet the landlord outside and he takes the keys from Jason's hands. With eagerness in our eyes,  everyone climbs inside Jason's new Ford Explorer, and just like that, we're on the road. As the wind blows in my face, I smile, thinking about how sweet my stay at the apartment was and how I'll cherish it forever.