Chapter 28

(Written September 25, 2014)

There's another gunshot. Jason holds my hand even tighter as we look at a tall guy wearing a black mask. The only thing clearly visible is his red, bloody eyes. "Ja-Jason, let's go before something happens. I have a bad feeling." I shake as I nudge him to move.

(Jason's POV)

As Liz nudges my arm to move, I freeze, too scared to react. I don't want anything to happen to her, so I yell, "RUN!" Hand in hand, instead of crossing the road, we start running towards the next closest building. I glance behind me and see the guy running after us with his gun. He yells, "STOP RIGHT THERE OR I WILL SHOOT!" At that exact moment, we both freeze. Nervously, we turn around and look at the guy. He's standing a few meters away.

"That purse looks heavy enough to share. Hand it over, you bitch."

"Calm down and put the gun down. We'll listen to you then." He glares at me, "Okay, lover boy, looks like you wanna die today."

(Liz's POV)

I hear a gunshot and scream. Then another gunshot deafens me, and I fall on the sidewalk. A bullet has hit me near my shoulder, but I can't understand anything because my entire body hurts. I turn my head, hoping to see Jason's shoes as he runs for his life, but instead, he's lying on the ground a meter away, trying to reach for my hand. With all my effort, I reach out as well and hold his hand.

Then my eyes shut closed.