Chapter 27

(Written September 21, 2014)

As I wait for Jason, a waiter comes and asks for my order. I order a Coca-Cola and let him know that I'm waiting for my partner to order together.

(Jason's POV)

You know that feeling when you're so happy, you think you might explode? When everything is just perfect and you have all the happiness in the world? That's exactly how I feel right now. Everything is perfect. I always knew that someday I would be roaming the streets of LA, but what makes it ten times better is that Liz is a part of my life. Without her, I might never have had the confidence to come here. I'm so grateful to have her.

I drive into the parking lot of the restaurant and park my car. Once my car is locked, I hurry inside and see Liz sitting at a table for two, waiting very patiently. I walk up to her and take my seat with a big smile on my face, like an eight-year-old who just got his present from Santa.

(Liz's POV)

Finally, he arrives, and I get up and give him a big hug. He looks so happy that it makes my day. "Looks like someone's having a great day so far," I say as I take my seat again. The waiter brings the menu, and I smile at Jason as he takes a sip of my cola.

(Jason's POV)

I quickly take a large bite of the burger to stop my stomach from growling. My adrenaline is so high right now, I still think I'm going to explode. As I look up at Liz, she smiles, and I yell, "PAUSE!" Confused, she stops but loses her smile. "Dang it, you lost your smile. You always look so beautiful when you smile. I hope your smile is the last thing I see before I die, then my life will..." She covers my face before I can continue.

"Jason, never say that again, do you understand?"

I realize at that moment I shouldn't have said that and apologize, quickly changing the topic.

(Liz's POV)

I wipe my face as we finish our lunch; the burgers were truly delicious. Plus, it was a nice date. We talked about Jason's boutique, which we are going to visit right after we're done here. I'm really excited and can't contain my happiness, so both Jason and I look like kids that are high off sugar.

"Okay, let's get out of here. I can't wait any longer to show you my boutique." We pay the bill and start to leave. As we open the door and begin walking in the sun, hand in hand, Jason continues, "Liz, is it okay if you put my phone in your purse? I think I might drop it in excitement."

I laugh and take it, putting it in my purse before we cross the road to get to the parking lot. Jason grips my hand, and as we are about to step onto the street, we hear a loud, angry voice. As we turn around, I realize the voice is coming from the restaurant. The person makes direct eye contact with me, and then the next thing I hear is a gunshot.