Chapter 14

(Written August 4, 2014)

(Jason's POV)

I glance over at her and feel relieved that she feels safe here, especially after her parents' death. She's so resilient. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I have always liked and respected her, but I never expected her to feel the same way romantically. As I'm lost in my thoughts, she turns around and says, "Oh, I forgot to grab two of the cups. I'll go get them." I smile and nod for her to go, but she turns around and slips on a puddle of water, just in time for me to catch her in my arms. The sun shines perfectly on the both of us like a movie scene. I hold her tightly in my arms as we make eye contact. If I could, I would look into those eyes forever and never get tired. As we gaze into each other's eyes, she gets closer to me.

(Liz's POV)

I slip on the water that's been dripping on the floor from the sink, and just in time, Jason catches me in his arms. I look into his eyes, as the sun shines on us, and see love, innocence, and care. Since yesterday, whenever I get close to him, I get this really weird and unusual feeling and my heart beats faster. I slowly get closer to him to get up, but then I realize I'm so close I can hear his heartbeat, beating really fast. Our faces get closer, but just then, the apartment door opens and John walks in. He freezes, his face showing shock as if he just stopped us from kissing. Wait, he actually did stop us. I think? Oh god.

"Um, hey guys, sorry, but I forgot my laptop and just came to get it." Then he quickly walks away into the bedroom. As soon as he's gone, Jason and I quickly move away from each other.

"I'm going to mop the floor and I'll just wash the rest of the dishes too," Jason says nervously.

"Okay, sure. I have some work to do, so I'm going to the living room," I say and hurry away.