Chapter 34

(Written December 22, 2014)

8 MONTHS LATER

(Liz's POV)

It's been more than a couple of months since Jason woke up from his coma. Every now and then, either Liam or John drive with Jason and me to the hospital for check ups. Today is Jason's last appointment with the hospital physiotherapist, so John, Liam, and I have arrived to pick him up and celebrate. I try not to run inside to find him since it's not the safest to run down hospital hallways when you're pregnant. Plus today, I keep feeling bursts of pain here and there so it's best that I walk at a steady pace.

I was supposed to schedule another ultrasound for the gender reveal because the first one got interrupted before we could find out, but Jason suggested we keep the gender a surprise until the birth.

Of course, I couldn't refuse because it will make the moment even more magical. We still haven't chosen any baby names. I guess when we see our child, we will just know? I'm in denial because choosing a baby name feels like too much responsibility for a first-time mom. But I'm happy and excited to hold my baby.

"Liz, how about you go inside the room to meet your lover and John and I will stay here in the hallway," Liam suggests. I look back at him and smile. If there's one person who acts just like my brother Connor, it's Liam.

"Liam, why don't we go with her and stop them from doing their gross couple stuff?" John says. I look back at him, "Ugh, John, rude." He laughs with Liam. "Just kidding, sister, calm down. You don't wanna give birth right here from all that anger."

"JOHN!" I yell, laughing. "You're rude dude!" I walk back to him playfully, but Liam comes in front. "Okay, okay, superwoman, go meet your batman. I'll take care of this joker."

I laugh and turn around to go inside Jason's hospital room. All of a sudden, I feel a shock of pain in my stomach. I take a deep breath and keep moving. I open the door and walk inside. Jason's stuff is neatly lying on the bed, but he's nowhere to be seen. I walk around, and all of a sudden, I feel something hold me from behind.

"AAAHHH!" I yell. A hand goes over my mouth, and I calm down, realizing who it is. I turn around in Jason's arms and playfully punch him. "You scared the shit out of me," I say, laughing into his chest. I hear a knock on the door, and Liam and John run in, giving Jason and me a group hug.

All of a sudden, I feel another shock in my stomach, which is ten times greater than the first. "AAHH!" I yell, bending down. "Oh my God, what happened?" Jason asks, holding me. "Liam, go get the doctor or something."

"AAHH!" I yell again, the pain is unbearable this time. Jason holds my hand tightly, and John runs to grab my other hand as Liam goes into the hallway to grab an abandoned stretcher. Jason helps me get on the stretcher, rubbing my hand while Liam rubs the other. John starts pushing the stretcher through the hospital hallways to get to the OB/GYN unit, yelling, "MOVE, THERE'S A PREGNANT WOMAN," like a maniac. I close my eyes, and the next thing I realize is that my water is now breaking on a stretcher while my boyfriend and best friends scream and drive me around a hospital.