Chapter 26

(Written September 21, 2014)

I put on a white floral dress with a sea green cardigan and do my hair in a side braid. I look in the mirror, pleased with my effort and ready to go meet Mr. Jason Johnson. I'm sure he's going to be glad to see the sweater he bought me. I pick up my bag and phone and head downstairs into the kitchen.

"Hey beautiful," says Liam, who is preparing lunch for work.

"Aw thanks, gorgeous, you don't look too bad in those sweatpants," I laugh.

"Well, thanks for breaking my heart, Lizzie."

For a second, we both go quiet while maintaining eye contact, then Liam bursts out laughing, and I instantly do too.

"So, John's almost finished packing." I look up at Liam as he continues. "It's really bad, I'm gonna miss that nerd. I tried convincing him, but no, the idiot wants to go to Harvard, so now he's gonna go." Just then, John walks in.

"Think of the idiot and the idiot has arrived, your majesty."

I smile. "Damn, the idiot has perfect timing as always, right, Liam?"

Then I remember I have to go meet Jason and don't want to be late. "Oh, I almost forgot, I have a date with Jason, so I better get going." I quickly hug both of them and leave with one cherry tomato from Liam's salad. As I leave, they begin to argue about John becoming bicoastal for the 700th time.

After arriving at the restaurant near Jason's work, I quickly text him:

"Waiting for someone special at a restaurant. It's 5 minutes away from their new shop, come here ASAP! <3 Be there or be square."

I lock the car and enter the restaurant. Once I find a good spot to sit at, I wait for his majesty to come and join me.