Part 4

Tony enters the room. 'Good, you're awake. I have so many questions. Why the hell are you so scarred?'

I watch him as he leans against the wall next to the bed.

'Oh yeah, don't try to sit up.'

I move my gaze off him.

'You don't talk much, do you? Well, that's boring.'

'I'm scarred because I keep getting stabbed or thrown about,' I whisper.

'What?' Tony moves right to the side of the bed. 'Who stabs you or whatever?'

'Everyone does. Once they work out what I'm capable of, they hurt me. They do it because they're scared. Because they want to live, and they think the only way they can live is if they attack first.'

'Your cousin, Valarie, is scarred to but she's been in foster homes her whole life. You haven't. You've been in one home, yet if anything, you're as scarred as her. How?'

'I don't know,' my eyes close.

'You don't know. Oh, that's just great. Tell me this. Thanos or whatever has its head clearly been sliced off. Along with both his arms. And you're telling me you did that. Did you actually do that?'

'Yes.'

'How and why?'

'How? I stole Loki's dagger and turned it into a sword. Why? Because if I didn't kill Thanos, he would have killed everyone.'

'Oh yeah, and how would you know that? Let me guess you watch all the movies and think they are true.'

I keep quiet. He takes it as an answer.

'Well, let me tell you. They are just movies. Yes, they hold some truth, but you can't use them to go around and murder people. That's disgusting and horrific.'

'He made me,' I struggle to keep the tears at bay as Tony takes a break from yelling at me.

'He made you? How-'

'Tony. She's just a kid. Give her a break,' Captain America cuts in.

'Steve, you do know what she's done. Don't you?' Tony asks Captain America. 'She beheaded and cut off his arms, and her own father and uncle, both gods, can't look after her. She is not a kid, and I will not give her a break!' Tony yells.

'And for all, we know it could be Loki messing with us again,' Steve replies.

'He's not,' a new voice replies.

I open my eyes as Valarie moves out from the shadows where she's been hiding.

'Valarie!' I cry out.

Valarie moves to the Avengers side as she keeps her attention on the two Avengers.

'Who...Valarie?'

'Thor's daughter,' Tony tells Steve. 'Are you feeling alright, Steve? You've been really out of it today.'

Steve nods even as he sways in his spot. I smile as I give Steve a little push, and he falls to the floor. I stand in the doorway and make my illusion clone disappear. While Tony was yelling at me, I had escaped from the bed, and when Cap turned up, I injected him with a bit more poison from the tip of my dagger. Tony aims his weapons at me. Even Valarie aims her bow at me.

'What the hell? Alright, I have had it with you!' Tony snaps at me as he stretches one arm out. His armour flies in, knocking me to the floor as Tony suits up into his Ironman suit.

'You're just like your father,' Tony snarls at me.

Valarie glares at me, but she leaps in front of me to stop Ironman from blasting me. I move to my feet behind her.