Part 25

A few hours later after explaining why we escaped and laughing in their faces about promising not to do it again, I'm finally allowed in to see Valarie. The room is my old room. I walk in pull a chair up next to the bed and begin tapping on her arm. Her other arm, the one in the cast is closer to the wall.

'Val it's Ray. Come on. Time to see what you did this time,' I call out, grinning slightly. Her eyes flutter open.

'Hey, idiot. Are you awake? Maybe next time please don't fall out of a tree,' I stress the word, please. She has no idea what's she's caused me. She moves up in bed and I watch her as she looks at her arm in the blue cast held close to her body by a sling and begins laughing. Dry laughter. Sarcasm.

'Not the first time I've done something stupid.'

'True,' I can't help but agree. She has done plenty of stupid things like making friends with me and trusting me. The door opens and we both look as Loki walks in.

'Nice one, but you scared the living daylights out of me,' she laughs again and slides out from the bed.

'Careful. You have a slight concussion and worried Captain America.'

He's right there. Cap asked the most questions and had the most anger held against me compared to Thor. Val leaves the room and we follow her into the kitchen. She takes a blueberry muffin and goes to take a bite from it but Loki steals it from her.

'Hey!' she protests. Loki grins and takes a huge bite out of it.

'Sorry, but you can't eat.'

Shock fills her face. 'Stark said, you can't eat for another twelve hours. I'm surprised you didn't know that.'

She rolls her eyes at him and takes another muffin. 'I know after a concussion you have to be careful about eating and that's what I'll do...be careful.' She begins to eat. 'Ha...ha,' she mumbles with her mouth full.

I sigh. As I sigh Loki starts towards her. 'Don't even try with her...she's a little kid,' I remind him as I move from the corner of the room.

'Val how are you feeling?'

Val struggles to swallow the mouthful of muffin, looks up and sees Cap and some guy with a metal arm. She immediately runs behind Loki and me. Our tall bodies towering over her. I look over my shoulder down at her then back at Cap and his friend.

'As Thor's daughter I expected her to be taller,' metal arm says.

'I am not short, I am five foot two,' Valarie snaps from behind me.

They all laugh. Except me. I'm not in the mood. She glares at them and that makes them laugh even harder. It brings back bad memories I struggle to keep them at bay.

I look up a little as Ironman enters.

'Valarie, I wish for you to go home. With Raven and Loki please,' he says.

'Seriously Tony? Don't push them away.'

Tony rolls his eyes and pours himself a cup of coffee and after a quick glance at Val pours her one as well. Val takes her cup and tries to swallow a sip.

'Hang on,' Stark says loudly and picks up a straw from somewhere and puts it in Val's cup.

'I don't mean it in a harsh way but you will be better off back in Asgard. Not only will you heal better but you will feel more relaxed there.'

Loki and I nod at the same time. It's true. We do feel more relaxed in Asgard. Less likely to get in trouble there. Valarie simply laughs and walks off somewhere in the building.