Part 20

A week passed and nothing happened. I kept quiet and stayed up late at night watching movies while everyone else slept. Then slept for a few hours during the day. A week after Val told them her past, Loki and I were outside. A car drives down the long ass driveway and next thing I know Val comes flying out the front door and out to the car. Someone jumps out of the car and Val jumps in to his arms. They hug each other and a few words are spoken between each other. They turn and look at us. Thor appears next to me so I'm surrounded by Loki and Thor. I grimace and Val sees. Val turns into a wolf and Her boyfriend changed as well. Val nods at her father and the two of them run off.

'Marco?' I faintly hear Val call. I groan and roll over a little. My door opens and shuts a moment later. I slide out of bed as I hear voices rise in the office. I open the door and poke my head through.

'Would you two shut up, I am trying to sleep.' I look around the room and take in all the files and pictures of William. 'What is going on anyway?'

'Nothing now leave my office,' she snaps as she turns my back on us and looks out the window. I turn and leave the room in silence. Val's boyfriend follows me out quietly.

I walk back to my bed and lie down. Something doesn't feel right about all of this. Val was way too stressed and she's never this short tempered with me. She's up to something. The house falls to silence. I'm too worried to try and fall asleep. I hear the front door open an hour later. I sneak out of the bed and quickly walk down the hallway. I open the front door and step out into the dark cold night.

'Val?' I call out. She doesn't answer and her car starts up. She drives off down the driveway. The front door opens behind me and Val's boyfriend walks out.

'What's going on?'

'Val just drove off,' I turn around and walk inside in to Val's office. I go through her stuff and find nothing that can tell us where she would have gone. I turn on her computer and surprisingly she doesn't have a password for it. I open her internet browser and bring up her last things she has looked up. A flight to Australia. I sigh and look up as a hand presses down on my shoulder.

'Why would she go back to Australia?' he asks.

I jump and look over my shoulder. It's just Alec.

'I don't know,' I stand up as a portal opens behind me. Loki steps out rubbing his eyes.

'What is it?' he yawns.

'Valarie has run away back to Australia. She's after William,' I sum up for him.

'What...what? Where did you come from?' Alec stutters.

Loki and I ignore him. 'I'm worried about her, Loki,' I still can't call him father or anything like that all the time.

'Dammit. Why would she go after William alone?'

I shrug.

'Okay, I will tell my brother and we will organise something. Go back to bed for now. She will be fine.'

I nod tiredly and let Alec drag me back to bed and shut me in my room.

A week passes and there's no word from Valarie. Finally, a car comes down the long driveway. I run outside, chasing Alec out on to the deck. Loki and his brother follow closely behind. Valarie parks her car so the boot is facing us. She jumps out and moves to the back of the car. She turns and looks directly at her boyfriend.

'So, what about I can't handle him?' she pops the boot and grabs William out and throws him on to the ground. 'Nailed it!' she yells before collapsing to the ground.