Meeting Haruhi Fujioka

You were sitting in the school's courtyard on a bench, doing your homework and feeling the nice breeze of spring brush against your face and through your hair. The blossom trees' branches blew in the serene wind. You closed your notebook, sighed, and watched the blossom petals rip off their boughs and float to the ground.

You looked ahead and saw Haruhi walking through the archway back into the school. You got up to follow him, putting your notebook into your book bag that was slung on your back. You waved and called while running up to him, "Haruhi!" He looked up and smiled at you.

"Hey y/n. How are you?"

"Good. Where are you going?" you asked him.

"Back to the Host Club. My break time's over," he replied.

"Mind if I walk you there?"

"Not at all. Thank you."

On the way you inquired, "Haruhi, what is the Host Club like?"

"Well, there's Tamaki. He's a bit... How do I put it? Exuberant."

"Exuberant? He doesn't seem like that."

"That's because he's only like that when we're closed. When we're open he acts like a prince for the guests."

"Really?"

"Then there's Kyoya. He makes sure the club is organized and doesn't fall to pieces."

"Keeps the club organized and doesn't fall to pieces. Got it."

"Honey likes sweets and stuffed animals."

"Adorable."

"Hikaru and Kaoru are the mischievous twins that get into trouble all the time. Sometimes we can't get them to behave. Not even Kyoya."

"Mischievous, eh?"

"And Mori, who always hangs out with Honey. They hang out with each other because they're cousins. Their families were joined together by marriage."

"I see."

"We're here. Thanks for dropping me off."

"No problem, you replied.

As Haruhi grabbed the handle you quickly said, "Wait, Haruhi!" he turned. "How did you become a part of the host club? If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh, I accidentally broke an expensive vase and had to pay a debt. So I became their errand boy. Soon after impressing some girls, they all thought I was a natural born host and I was promoted into one. They made a deal with me: If I could get one-hundred girls to request me they'd forget about my debt but I made a mistake and now my quota's one-thousand. Now, after some time, I've enjoyed being a host. I'm still sticking to my one-thousand requests though so I can forget about that debt or at least pay for it."

"Thanks, Haruhi," you said, after intently listening to what he had to say.

"Not a problem. See you tomorrow?"

"Sure," afterwards you walked to one of the many libraries to finish your homework.