Chapter Two

She turned back and forth in her bed, unable to sleep. After Gothel's death, her life had been so different. But she couldn't forget her, and thirty-two years had already passed. Rapunzel couldn't look any younger than she had at age eighteen.
A large fire happened in the kingdom, merely seconds before the wedding of her and Flynn. She barely saved him, but got eaten alive by the flames. Manny, or the Man in the Moon, had brought her back, along with her long golden hair.
Ever since, she had lived alone, in hiding. Many things went across her mind. Did Eugene ever find someone else? Is the kingdom alright? What will happen to me?
But the question that scared her the most was: will I ever have a life again?
A cold breeze made her shiver. She stopped her current thoughts and sat up, staring at her dark window.
A shadowy figure came into view, hovering at the edge of the miniature opening.
He set his feet on the ground, a tiny ice cloud puffing up. Rapunzel could barely remember anything before the wedding... She had no idea who this was.
"Hey." His smooth voice had an icy tone to it, and she jumped slightly. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you."
He came into view, light barely shining on his pale face. His blue eyes reminded Rapunzel of the bright sky.
"W-who are you and what are you doing here?" She clutched the blanket covering her and shivered.
The boy leaned on his staff. "You don't remember me?" He stared at the ceiling and muttered, "you should've given her back her memory at least."
"Answer my question!" She flung her feet to the ground, reaching for a frying pan.
"It's me- Jack Frost- I was your guardian."
"My... Guardian?" She looked at his thin figure and stepped closer. "But why are you here?"
"The others need you. I volunteered coming because I was the only one who knew who you are. Plus I didn't think you'd enjoy getting tossed into a sack." Jack chuckled.
She smiled slightly as he held out his cold hand.