Chapter Thirty

Anna wiped her face with a wet cloth and fixed her hair back into a braided bun. A soft knock came on her door. "Come in, it's open."

Elsa came in, her dark blue dress barely touching the floor. "How are you? Is everything going fine? I know it just be hard after the... Incident."

Anna looked at her hands and nodded slightly. "I'm doing okay. But I just can't help but feel... This strange love for him. And especially after all that's happened, I don't know why I feel that way."

"Elsa! Anna! Come here!" Toothiana's voice echoes through the hallways.

They hurried down. "Okay, what color should the cake be? I want to make one for everyone. Just because I can, y'know?"

"Well, I suppose green and pink would be pretty." Elsa smiled.

"Oh, oh, and orange! Or purple..." Anna rubbed her chin.

"Alright, I'll do those colors! It'll be ready in a few hours!" Toothiana grinned and flew off.

Anna looked at Elsa. "So, are you and Jack still together?"

Elsa turned toward her quickly at the sound of Jack's name. "Huh? Oh, I don't really know... He seems to really like our cousin, Rapunzel."

"Well that kinda stinks. I thought you two were super cute together. I bet he just doesn't see how great of a person you are."

"I... I hope you're right, Anna."

-

Hans woke up and rubbed his head. "What happened?" He looked around, but all he saw was his empty cottage. "Hmph. I was actually hoping she would stay this time..."

A knock came at his thin wooden door. He opened it, and a group of people stood in front of him. "Oh, hello. Jack, Rapunzel, and them..."

"We're looking for Anna. Is she with you?" Hiccup crossed his arms.

"No, actually. I was wondering where she was, too. She seems to have disappeared."

Rapunzel frowned. "Should we, uh, check Arendelle again? She could've gone there."

Jack nodded. "Oh, Hans, would you like to come?"

Hans smiled. "Sure, why not."

Rapunzel threw her hair in a circle around everyone and began singing her song. Seconds later, they were in front of the huge castle.

They went forward and opened the large doors. Hans rubbed his hands together as he walked slowly at the back of the group.

He spotted Anna turn a corner, and he smiled. "I... I have to go talk to her..." He muttered.

Elsa greeted the group, but didn't even notice Hans there. She briskly walked to their meeting room, and everyone sat down.

"Elsa, we need to talk to you. We have a feeling that something is going to happen... Soon." Astrid crossed her arms.

"Like what? From your tone, I'm guessing that from your tone, it isn't good."

"Well when we were with North, something strange happened..." Rapunzel grabbed her hair. "A small gift came. It said, 'to the Guardians'. It had no name on it, but a little doll in a red dress with a black horse was inside."

"You don't think...?"

Jack nodded. "They'd be the only ones who would actually fight us. But when that happens, we fight back. We have to protect anyone we can."

Everyone else agreed, and they decided to leave the meeting room.

Hans quickly broke away from the group, in search of Anna. He opened her door, and she was reading a book. "A-anna?"

"Hans, I- wait, what are you doing here?" She stood up.

"I need to see you. I can't help but feel this... This burning passion. I can't resist it."

"But what about..."

"Kristoff? Anna, I know you love him, but I can't stand it. I love you more than anyone would ever understand."

"Hans, I'm sorry. You have to leave. Kristoff will be back soon and nothing would upset him more than seeing you."

"Please, if you'd just-"

"Go. Leave. You have no choice."

"Anna, you don't understand!"

"Understand what?!"

"That I've never felt love! Never understood it! Until I met you... It was when we first met at your sister's coronation. I knew that there were sparks after I accidentally hit you with my horse."

Hans rubbed his forehead. "I loved you, Anna. But when it was time to break the spell, this horrible feeling came over me. Before I knew it, I was in the water and everything was thawed. They threw me in jail, but I never knew why."

"I was the bad guy, but I never meant for it to be that way." Tears filled his eyes. "Don't you get it? My family never loved me. I've been alone my whole life. You were the only one who cared..."

Anna was looking up at him, her face pale.

Hans was shaking, his face two inches from hers. "Anna, I could never line anyone like I love you."

-

Kristoff had finally arrived. On his way back to the castle, he picked up a bouquet of flowers. He began whistling as he walked to see his true love.

"She'll be really excited." He grinned and entered the castle. He set down the hallway toward her room.

He counted the doors as he passed. Anna's door was barely opened, and he heard her voice.

"... And I don't know what else to say... I- I can't be with you... But yet I love you more than anything..."

"Who could be in there with her?" Kristoff muttered and peered inside. He was trying to stay as silent as possible. The other person was out of view.

Just as he finally gathered the courage to go in and confront her, something horrible happened.

Everything went silent. He opened the door. Hans was in a deep kiss with Anna. And she seemed to be completely enjoying it.

The flowers dropped from his hands, and he stepped back. "How could you?! I thought you loved me. Anna, how could you?"

Both Hans and Anna looked at him in shock. "Kristoff, I..."

"I understand. Goodbye, Anna." His eyes were wet. He went from her room as fast as he could. Never wanting to see that horrible princess again.
-
DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNNN

Kristoff and Anna might be done...!

Btw Kristoff was just on a lil trip. Just a short one. It's not like he was at war or anything.

^thats actually a good idea for later in the plot. But SHHHHHH you didn't hear that.