Chapter Thirty One

Kristoff clenched his fists as tears rolled down his cheeks. Never had he felt so weak, so vulnerable, so hurt.

"Anna... How could you do this to me?" He hugged Sven as he cried even harder. "You told me we were really in love. And you lied."

Sven looked at him sympathetically. But Kristoff was in no mood to narrate for him.

"Love is a horrible thing..." He sat on his bed and looked outside. The sun was already setting. He looked around the halls for the servants.

When he spotted one, he quickly caught her attention. "Erm, excuse me, but could you please bring dinner to my room tonight? I'd rather eat mine... Alone."

She nodded and hurried off. Kristoff closed his door and dat back down. Only moments later, a knock came on his door. "It's here already?"

The blonde answered the door but only saw Hans. "You." He grimaced.

"Yes, me. But I've come to apologize. There was no reason for me to take Anna from you. It's just that she's the only one who's ever really loved me."

"You think you have it hard? At least you have a family! I grew up with rock trolls and selling ice. I bet you my life was harder than yours."

"Not when everyone acts like you don't exist! My parents would constantly tell me that I should've never been born and that they wanted me to rot in prison."

"But you know who your parents are! All the trolls ever said was that mine were... Well... Dead..." Kristoff shook his head and turned away.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I should've never come here with your friends. Goodbye. And uh, tell Anna I hope she lives a happy life with you."

Kristoff turned back only to see Hans disappear, heading toward the gates.

Anna was running after Hans, panting. "Hans, please! It's not your fault!" She ran into Kristoff. "Oh- uh- um..." She shook her head and went by him.

Hans stopped and looked around before running into the forest. "I should be safe here." He muttered.

Suddenly, two guards exclaimed, "there he is! The escaped prince from the Southern Isles!"

"Oh, you have to be kidding me..." Hans groaned.

-

SORRY ITS SHORT IM ON WRITERS BLOCK AND IT SUCKS

Anyways, feel bad for Kristoff. It was so hard writing that part tbh... Do you ship Kristanna or Hanna?

Also, feel free to comment ideas.