Chapter Twenty Six

Elsa woke up in her light blue nightgown. She felt someone's hand. When she looked over, Eugene was still asleep.

The Queen threw her feet off of the bed and stood up. "I've been doing things that I shouldn't have been doing... I need to get back to my duties."

She quickly got dressed, fixed up her hair, and stride toward her throne room.

"Someone, get me some tea."

"Yes, your majesty." A young woman bowed and hurried off.

Jack whistled as he walked into the room. "Well, Miss Queen of Arendelle, how's life?"

She shook her head, but he kept bugging her.

"Why did you leave me? Did I do something? It wasn't me, right?"

Elsa put her hands up. "Jack, it was you. Don't you-"

"Me? Really? Wow. Throwing the blame on your ex-boyfriend. But we never actually broke up, now did we? And now you're off with that Flynn Rider-"

"Eugene-"

"Whatever. But you're saying that I'm the one to blame?"

"I can't believe you, Jack. You were the one making googly-eyes at Rapunzel. You need to understand that I have a heart too. It's better to tell me sooner than make it hurt more than it has to."

"'Making googly-eyes at Rapunzel'? I was amazed that she was alive! Everyone thought she was dead."

"You had said that she was alive. A while ago. Stop lying to me." Her eyes filled with tears.

Rapunzel heard her name and slowly walked through into the throne room. "Um, hey, is everything okay?"

"No. Just go. Both of you." Elsa wiped her eyes with her glove.

"Fine. Not like I care, anyways." He glared at her until he turned the corner.

"Jack, what was that about?"

"Your cousin. And how she throws the blame on me for everything. 'Ooh, it was your fault we stopped dating. It was your fault we almost died. It was your fault we had to stop living our normal freaking lives!"

Rapunzel stepped back. "What... What happened to you? You're so... Different."

"What happened to me? What happened to you? I thought you were supposed to fix everything. You only make things worse."

The words stung her. "I... I have to go, Jack. Don't bother looking for me."

She turned and quickly ran away. Jack's mouth hung open. He sunk to the ground. "What have I done?" He muttered. "I've ruined the two best relationships I've ever had. They'll never forgive me now..."

-

Another short one but I don't have much time.

But wow Jack. You managed to break two hearts within the same few minutes. Good going there.