Chapter Twenty Seven

Rapunzel sniffled as she held her arms walked down the hallway. Her long hair dragged behind her on the sleek wooden floor.

As she reached the doorway to her room, someone grabbed her hand. "Huh?"

They tossed her onto her bed- very hard, actually- and began beating her with a huge staff.

"What are you doing?! Get off of me!" Pain seared through her as she struggled to get away. They pinned her down and pulled out a large knife.

"Who are you?" Rapunzel kept trying to fight the hooded villain.

They didn't reply, but grabbed a chunk of hair. They ran the blade along her hair as pieces fell to the ground. It didn't darken because she was a Guardian now.

"Stop it! Please!"

The person glared at her, their eyes glowing green. The rest of their face was wrapped in black cloth to hide their identity.

Rapunzel kicked the villain hard in the stomach and they finally fell. When they got back up, the black cloth fell.

An evil grin was on the creature's face. It looked ugly and wrinkled, but they were easy to figure out.

It's voice was hoarse and sounded like a horrible ghoul. "Now that's not the way to treat mother, now is it?"

-

Hiccup knocked lightly on the door, and it creaked open. "Hey Jack, you in here? I noticed something weird about Punzie and Elsa."

Jack looked up, ice covering the floor. He looked as if he'd been crying- a lot. But he didn't want anybody to see because he was more of a tough guy.

"Um, what's wrong?"

Jack didn't speak, he just looked down.

"C'mon, I'm just trying to help." Hiccup rolled his eyes. He finally sat next to Jack and put his arm around his shoulder. "Just so you know though, I'm here for you. I can't stand seeing you hurt."

"T-thanks..." Jack muttered, rubbing his hands.

Suddenly, Hiccup pulled him into a tight hug, his warm breath blowing against the side of his face.

Jack froze but soon embraced it.

"I, uh, have to go check on Astrid. Are you okay?"

Jack nodded and watched as Hiccup left. He sighed as he fell into his back. "I am a total idiot." He muttered, wiping his eyes.

-

Merida ran around the castle, her wild red curls bouncing as she did so. She was looking for Rapunzel. "Punzie! Stop yer hidin' an' come on ou'!"

When there was no response, she frowned. "I wonder where tha' lil wand'rer wen'..."

As she knocked on a door, she noticed it was locked.

"Is this yer room?" She mumbled to herself. As she pulled out a bobby pin and a stick, Merida began using her lock picking skills.

When the door was finally opened, her curtains attached to the window were swinging wildly.

"Why in tha world would this be open?" She grabbed one curtain and looked outside just as a fluff of black and gray hair disappeared.

A soft glow was left behind where the woman was at. Merida knew instantly that Rapunzel had something to do with this, with her ability to teleport and all.

The archer grabbed her bow and her sheath of arrows. "C'mon, Angus. There's some importan' business we need to attend to."

And just like that, she was gone.

-

Jack looked outside curiously, and watched as Merida and Angus rode into the forest. "Hmm..."

He quickly grabbed his staff and followed her.

His bare feet brushed the tops of the trees and made the leaves rustle. "I wonder where Fireball is going. She looks really serious."

Merida must of heard that, because she moaned. "Aw great. I was hopin' I'd be able to be alone fer once."

"Really? You thought you were gonna run off into the forest without me noticing?" Jack smirked and hipped down next to her. "What are you even doing out here?"

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Just tell me, Fireball."

"No, Frost Face."

"Stuck-Up Princess."

"Loner."

Tears stung his eyes when she said that. "You... You really think I'm a loner...?"

"No Jack, no' like tha'..."

"Just stop. I was just hoping you could tell me what's going on."

"Fine. I believe that Rapunzel's been kidnapped."

"By who?"

"Gothel, that's who."