Chapter 14. Let's Form a Band!

"Let's form a band!" I told my friends excitedly.

That Friday, I convinced my friends, with the help of Elizabeth, to perform at the school festival this coming April.

It was our last year of high school, so I wanted us to do something memorable. And doing what we all love, which is playing music together, is something memorable for me.

Not to mention, we will be performing the songs that I wrote, not renditions of songs that we usually play.

I told them about the new song Elizabeth and I wrote. I credited her as co-writer because she did write the bridge part up to the end.

When we hung out in the Music room, I played it on the guitar and hummed the song for them.

Donghyuck thought the lyrics were cheesy, but I know he liked it because he tried adding some adlibs.

Renjun thought it was cute and sweet. He figured out that the song was about Elizabeth, and almost revealed it to her.

Almost.

Good thing she was talking to Jeno and Jaemin that time, telling them how to do the bridge part. So she didn't hear anything.

Of course, Jeno and Jaemin picked up their instruments immediately and tried to harmonize with the melody while I played it. They were so good, and the song sounded even better with the bass and the beatbox.

Unfortunately, we only had thirty minutes for break, and we needed to go to our classes. So we decided to continue it on the following week.

 So we decided to continue it on the following week

The week that followed was busy. We had a lot of homework on most of our subjects, and we weren't able to hang out that much in the Music room, or outside of school.

But we talked about forming a band and performing on the upcoming school festival. Like I said before, we already sort of formed a nameless band, the five of us. And we performed at least once at school, but that was a few years ago.

Now that we have a new member, we were more than excited to perform the songs that I wrote, on stage. We just needed a band name.

 We just needed a band name