Chapter 33. The End of Summer

- September 21, 2018 -

Friday

"Naega jeil joahaneun geon yeoreume neo"

Elizabeth was singing soulfully to Red Flavor by Red Velvet as we walked to school, and she was enjoying every second of it.

It was the first time we've heard her sing so happily to a song. She only used to sing so quietly, or hum, if she's not feeling it.

She was feeling better. After four days, her fever finally went away for good, and she was better than ever.

It was weird because she was quite bubbly than usual, like she's in a very good mood. When I picked her up in their house this morning, she couldn't stop being giddy because her fever was gone.

She was all smiles and it was too adorable.

She still had cold and cough, but it wasn't as bad as the last four days. Donghyuck, Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin couldn't stop gushing at how endearing she was being.

But that proved to be short-lived because then she went back to her usual self by the second half of the day. Her cute, shy, and slightly annoyed self.

And that was all because Donghyuck intentionally shouted at Elizabeth's Economics class that I was her boyfriend.

That wasn't exactly true, but it also wasn't all false.

After our little act in front of Jaeyong last Tuesday, word spread fast around the school, and all the girls were furious and unconvinced.

They refused to believe our act, and so did Jaeyong. Elizabeth and I wouldn't have minded it since we both knew the real reason why we even did that in the first place.

Everything was normal and she was so bubbly when the five of us walked her to her classroom, but when Jaeyong tried to flirt with her just before we could leave, Donghyuck practically shouted at the whole class (excluding their teacher because Taeyong hyung wasn't there yet) how he should back off because her "boyfriend" was there.

My eyes widened in surprise, her eyes widened in shock, some people gasped, some glared at her, and Jaeyong gave me a look.

"Oh, weren't you guys informed?" He asked innocently at the whole class. He didn't even wait for them to reply because then he shrugged and said, "well, now you are." Then he exited the room with the other three.

I was left there, speechless. But I'd be a fool if I didn't admit how awesome and superior I felt that time. So I played along, completely unbothered, and acted cool by saying, "see you later, babe."

Elizabeth didn't talk to me nor Donghyuck for the rest of the afternoon.