Chapter 26. All About Her

『 Birthday Special (Part One): Elizabeth 』

- August 2, 2018 -

Thursday

Me
Happy 17th birthday, Areum. ;)
02/08/18, 12:00 a.m.

Elizabeth
Thank you! Happy 18th birthday, Mark!
02/08/18, 1:27 a.m.

"Thank you! Happy 18th birthday, Mark!"

The message read.

I grinned widely as I stared at the message on my phone. I couldn't help but blush furiously on my bed while squirming.

Elizabeth was the first one to greet me among our friends. She greeted me at around 1 in the morning, but I was already asleep that time, so I literally woke up to her message.

In all actuality though, I was the first to greet her on her birthday, which also happened to be my birthday. I greeted her at exactly 12 midnight but I knew she was already sleeping, so I just went back to sleep. I guess she woke up at around 1 and greeted me back.

I groaned lightly when I looked at the time and saw that it was only 9 in the morning.

Elizabeth was having a small party at her house for her birthday, and all five of us were invited. Taeyong hyung was also invited, but he had important matters to attend to, Jeno had told us in the group chat last night. The two kids, Chenle and Jisung, were invited as well, and they were excited to go with us.

I was very excited to see her and to give her my gift, a crescent Moon necklace.

When I saw it at the mall last time, just before summer break, I immediately saved up some money to buy it. It was a bit expensive, but I didn't mind it.

It reminded me of her, and I knew she was going to love it. The necklace was beautiful, but not as beautiful as her.

It was really funny and awesome how the two of us didn't just have a lot in common, but we also share the same birthday.

The first time I found out about it was on Jeno's birthday last April. Donghyuck, Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin already knew that but never told me or her, having laughed at our expense when we found out.

I smiled as I sat up on my bed, remembering just about all the good memories I've had with Elizabeth. When I stood up, I slid open the curtains, letting the sun shine brightly in my room.