Chapter 32. Walk Barefoot in the Rain

I'm going to tell this chapter a little differently.

And by that, I mean not in a chronological order. You guys may get a little confused, but I hope you won't.

Nevertheless, it's going to be beautiful, because everything about Elizabeth is beautiful.

Starting from the way her eyes sparkle when she talks about her favorite songs, to the way her nose would scrunch before sneezing, and to the way her lips would unconsciously form this endearing smile whenever she dozes off, like she's having a really nice dream.

This chapter of my life with Elizabeth was quite remarkable.

It was something I wouldn't forget, and I know that for a fact.

So, for a little heads-up: she caught a common cold and she's had fever for four days straight, because she was particularly stubborn.

Truthfully and undeniably stubborn for her own good.

But the fact that she was stubborn was what made these four days remarkable.

I know, confusing, right?

But paradox aside, these four days that we spent with her, if she were to describe it, were like the night sky with stars shining brightly, because it truly was like that.

The dark night sky represented those rather normal and repetitive days, but she was the star that made those days bright and exciting. Despite her fever.

So with that said, shall we start with Day 2?

- September 18, 2018 -

Tuesday

"You're like everything that shines bright"

This is Day 2, the second most remarkable day, because Elizabeth was unbelievably different this day.

"First Love," she said before coughing a little. "It's my most favorite out of all their songs."

"Hm. Good choice. But I'm more of a ballad person. Moonlight is my favorite." Donghyuck, who was sitting beside her, said.

"Hmm. Love, Love, Love is my favorite b-side from that EP." She replied, then she sang a portion of the song very softly, "'cause you're my earth, air, water, fire."

"You're my, oh," Donghyuck continued, singing passionately, then he stopped and grinned at her. "This is why we're best friends."

"Word. Okay, what else?"

"Heaven."

"Oh, yeah. That's good. Mine is... Walk on Memories." She said, then she sneezed, followed by a series of coughs.