Chapter 20. Hazel Eyes (Part 2)

- June 13, 2018 -

Wednesday

It's been four days after that conversation Elizabeth and I had. I haven't been talking to her, and she hasn't been talking to me. Technically, we haven't been talking to each other. And Donghyuck, Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin were worried about the both of us.

They've been asking me why we were ignoring each other, except for Donghyuck since he already knew what happened. Well, except for the part where I got hurt because Elizabeth straightforwardly told me that she doesn't like me.

I knew I was overreacting on that part, but hey, that was my first time to be (indirectly) rejected and I just feel so weak because the first girl that I ever had a genuine crush on, who happens to be my first female friend, who also happens to be my first female best friend, doesn't like me. It just hurts so much.

On Monday and Tuesday, Elizabeth found a way not to join us at lunch. I was fine with it, although it added to the pain that I was already feeling. I knew she was avoiding me, and I was also avoiding her.

I couldn't bring myself to face her knowing that I was the reason why she's probably mad. And another reason was because every time I see her, it hurts me inside because she doesn't like me.

I felt so miserable, seeing her beautiful face, sitting just next to her, but not being able to get close or talk to her because I know she would just ignore me.

11:13 a.m. She didn't join us again at lunch. She went to class, but she was nowhere to be found in the cafeteria.

I wonder where she is...

The other four texted her, asking her where she was, but she didn't reply. Not even to Donghyuck.

Not even to Donghyuck.

That earned me four pairs of eyes narrowed down at me during lunch.

"What did you do this time, Mark?" Renjun asked me.

"I—I don't know. I didn't mean to say that to her." I said, getting more and more frustrated.

"Say what to her?" Jeno inquired.

I looked at them with guilt in my eyes, and I sighed heavily.

"I accidentally told her that she's not that pretty, and now I think it offended her—"

"Wait, you what?" The three of them exclaimed simultaneously, their eyes wide open.