Chapter Fourteen: Finding Out More

“Oliver?” Iker murmured as he looked at his mate, he tilted his head as he watched her curious to know who she was talking about; he wondered if she was talking about her brother, her child or something.

Faith nodded her head as she watched Iker, she had left her son with Nadina and she wasn’t sure where he would be now; she feared for him and she wanted to know where he was.

“My son,” Faith clarified as she watched Iker, her stomach turned as she worried that Iker had done something to him; she didn’t know what she would do if she didn’t see his chummy face again.

Iker looked at his mate, he still didn’t have any information on her son and he was curious about him; he hadn’t even known the child was a boy.

“We don’t know… when Fernando collected your stuff from your home he couldn’t find him,” Iker said as he forced out the word home, that wasn’t what he would call the place where she had been living.

Iker gritted his teeth as he recalled what Fernando had told him about the man that had lived there, he could only guess that the drunk had been Faith’s father and it made Iker sick.

Faith took a shaky breath as she looked at Iker, she wasn’t sure how she felt about what he had told her; she worried for her son and what would happen now.

“Faith… I’m not going to take him from you, he’s a part of you and I’ll take him in as my own,” Iker said as he looked at his mate, he wanted to ease her mind and she didn’t need to worry about things like that right now while she was ill.

Faith gazed at Iker as his words slowly sunk in, she couldn’t believe that he was willing to take Oliver in; tears filled her blue eyes as she realised that her life was finally turning around.

***

Iker carefully helped Faith back into bed, he had just helped her get dressed in the grey marl roll sleeve T-shirt and grey marl pyjama bottoms that he had gotten for her to wear while she was ill.

Iker had sorted through Faith’s clothing while she had been unconscious and he had been appalled with how little she owed and how old the clothes were; he was going to get her a new wardrobe when the time was right.

“Feel better?” Iker asked as he settled Faith in the bed, he had helped her bathe and was thrilled that she was getting some colour back in her skin.

Faith nodded as she settled into the bed, she yawned a little making Iker smile as he sat down beside her again; he never wanted to be far from her.

“Good,” Iker said with a nod of his head, he was pleased with her recovery and it was still going to take time for her to fully recover from what had happened to her.

Faith nodded as she eyed Iker, she could see that he had questions but she really wasn’t ready to give him all of them yet; she was sure he would toss her out when he discovered the truth.

“Can I ask you something?” Iker asked as he peeked at his mate, he wanted to know so much about her but he wanted her better first; she would tell him when she was ready.

Iker already knew that her son had been fathered by a member of their own clan that had sexually assaulted Faith and he wasn’t going to ask who yet.

Iker wanted the man punished but that could wait until Faith was better, when she was ready she would tell him who had done this to her.

“Your surname is Valera Franca…” Iker murmured as he looked at his mate, he had done a lot of research on his mate when he had learnt her real name.

Faith nodded as she eyed Iker, she knew where this was going and she wasn’t surprised that he had noticed; he worked closely with the council and he would have known a lot about the clan.

“Richard Valera is my paternal abuelo… Louisa Verona is my maternal abuela,” Faith said as she named the two council elders that she knew Iker was thinking about; it was an odd situation but she was what she was.

Iker took a deep breath as he looked at his mate, he had thought it was some cruel trick but to hear that she was a descendant of two current council members made his blood boil.

Richard and Louisa had joined the other members of the council in trying to convince him to dumb Faith and marry Sara instead.

Iker didn’t know how they could turn their backs on Faith when she had need them the most, she was their only granddaughter and they were willing to forget that to keep power between them.

***

Watching Faith sleeping, Iker smiled as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head and brushed some hair from her face; he would do anything for Faith and the eight weeks that they had been bonded had been tough on the both of them.

Iker walked out of the bedroom where she was sleeping and quietly shut the door over, he swallowed as he tried to wrap his head around what he had learnt.

Fernando and Sergio looked at him as he walked into the living room, they could see that he was on edge and they didn’t blame him; they were worried about what he would do next.

“I want to dismantle the current council… they’ve been in power for too long,” Iker said as he looked at his second and third in command, he was sure that they would understand especially with more negative things being revealed about the council as time went on.

Sergio glanced at Fernando as he allowed Iker’s words to sink in, they were still gathering evidence and if they were successful then a new council would be appointed by the end of the year.

Iker was trying to make the clan a better place and it wasn’t easy when the council were content on undermining him at every turn since he had refused to break of his mating with Faith in favour of Sara.

“Fernando would you ask Olalla if she will get Faith some new clothes,” Iker said as he ran a stressed hand through his hair, he had so much on his mind and things were only just getting started.

Fernando nodded his head as he looked at Iker, he didn’t envy his friend for what he had to do and if he and his own mate could help in anyway then they would do it.

“Sergio… I need you to go and see Nadina Tomas, she had Faith’s son and I want him brought home,” Iker said as he turned to his beta, he didn’t trust anyone else with this job; he feared for the infant’s life especially if the father got involved.

Iker might not know who had fathered Oliver but he was sure the wolf would be a threat to the pup; he didn’t want to take that risk.

Sergio nodded as he wrote down the name so that he wouldn’t forget, he was so proud of his best friend; Iker was willing to take in the pup that belonged to his mate, and he would be the father that Oliver had never had.

“You’re going to scent him?” Fernando guessed as he watched Iker, it wasn’t unheard of but a risky thing for a werewolf to do especially an alpha.

Iker nodded his head as he looked at Iker, he wanted the pup to be his own and he was going to make it so; Oliver’s father had made it clear he didn’t want the pup.

“Just be careful,” Fernando said as he patted his friend on the shoulder, he didn’t know what the future held but he feared what the future held for Iker and his mate.