Chapter Two: Oliver's Father

Faith quietly fed Oliver his breakfast as she sat in her bedroom; she smiled as she listened carefully to everything that was happening in the flat knowing that Oliver had to remain hidden so that her father wouldn’t kill him.

Faith would do anything for the little boy that she held in her arms, she would give up her life if it meant that he was safe; she smiled as she cuddled him close.

The brunette held her breath as she heard her father walking downstairs, she bit her lip as she listened him head downstairs into the kitchen; his breakfast was on the table so he wouldn’t be disturbing her anytime soon.

Faith couldn't remember a time that her father had ever shown his love for her, he had always preferred her younger brother and made sure that even if they were struggling for money that Devon got everything that he needed.

Devon had been sent the best schools that they could afford, David had wanted him to do what he couldn't and prove to their grandparents that he was the right to take one of their council places when they were ready to retire.

Faith had never hated her baby brother, he often spent time with her, helping her to learn to read and write; she had never been given the chance of education, her father didn't think she needed it so she wasn’t allowed to go to school.

Faith was three years older than Devon and she always made sure that if he needed anything then she was there to help him; she knew that while she didn't know a lot that it was the least that she could do for her brother.

Their father hadn't been the same since his wife and their mother had died, she had been caught in the cross fire between the clan and another; David had sunk into a deep depression after his wife had died, which resulted in him losing his job and turning to alcohol.

Faith had tried to keep things normal for her younger brother, he was just starting high school when things started to get worse and Faith had no choice but to take up two jobs to make sure that the family could keep their home in the slums of the city.

It wasn’t then that Faith met Damien Garcia, he was an upper class member of the clan and a local loan shark; she had just arrived home from work when she discovered him in the living room with her father and his brother.

Damien had taken one look at her before he had nodded his head and told her father that he would take it as payment for the money that he had owed; Faith hadn't realised he had meant her until he assaulted her.

The brunette had only been sixteen at the time but it didn't take long for her to realise what her father had offered to Damien; she had cried and begged for him to let her go before he had dragged her into a bedroom and raped her.

Faith sighed as she moved to settle Oliver down for his nap, she had chores that needed doing while Devon was away at school and her father drunk himself stupid; it was better to get them done before he realised that she was home.

Stepping out of the bedroom, she glanced at Oliver one more time before she headed off to do any house work that needed doing.

***

Wiping the sweat from her head as she cleaned the floors, Faith furrowed her brow wondering who could be knocking at the front door; she sighed as she pushed herself to her feet.

Heading for the front door, Faith sighed as she looked at her father who was drinking himself stupid in the living room; he seemed completely oblivious to the fact that anyone was home with him.

Opening the door, Faith stared at the man on the other side shocked that he was standing before her; Faith felt the blood drain from her face wondering why he was here.

“Hola Faith,” Damien said as he smirked at her, he knew that she wasn’t expecting to see him and that was what made this even more fun; he glanced her over before looking at his brother, who was his second hand man.

Faith carefully stepped back to allow him into the flat, she knew better than to try and close the door in his face; she remembered what happened last time that she had tried to do that to him.

“I heard from a little birdy that you had the baby,” Damien said making the brunette glare at him, she knew that he had no interested in the child that he had fathered; the child wouldn’t be worth anything to him.

“A boy,” Faith confirmed making Damien nod as he moved towards the stairs that led upstairs to her bedroom; Faith lunged forward to stop him before Cain stopped her, he nodded at his brother who smirked.

Damien had no intentions of going up to see the child that he had fathered, he just wanted to get a reaction out of her.

“What a shame that he had to be born to a whore like you, if you were worth anything I would have given him the world,” Damien teased making Faith glare at him, she knew that he was trying to upset her; however she had long since learned not to allow him to bother her with his words.

Damien turned his full attention to Faith, the brunette struggled against Cain’s hold on her; she swallowed as Damien stopped in front of her.

“I’ll let you rest for now… but I’ll be back,” Damien warned allowing his words to wash over Faith, as she looked at him; she swallowed as she realised that even though she had given him a son, he was far from through with her.

Damien chortled as he left the apartment, he would enjoy breaking Faith all over again when the time came.

***

Running a hand through his hair, Iker Casillas sighed as he stood before the council; ever since he had become clan alpha, he had been struggling with the change in his world and what was expected of him.

“Iker, we just worry that you have yet to find your mate,” Louisa Verone said as she looked at the alpha, she knew that he hoped that he didn't find his true mate; he had started to settle with Sara Carbonero and it wasn’t deemed acceptable.

There was still a chance that he would find his true mate and the council wouldn’t risk it, Iker deserved his mate as did Sara; it would only hurt when they both find them.

“Louisa is right Iker, you are thirty-one nearly thirty-two and you need an heir,” José Luis Casillas said looking at his eldest son; Iker nodded his head as he looked at the council who were watching him.

The werewolf sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, he licked his lips as he nodded his head; he knew that they didn't approve of his relationship with Sara.

She wasn’t his destined mate and wouldn’t be able to give him any children, something that worried the council that he wouldn’t leave the clan with an heir that could take over after him when the time came for him to step down.

“Iker, we don’t approve of your request to marry Carbonero,” Alexander Garcia said as he looked at Iker, he had always told the council that he didn't approve of him being the next alpha and made sure to make things difficult for Iker.

Looking between Alexander and the other members of the council, Iker sighed as he realised that this was a unanimous decision and that nothing he could say would change their minds into allowing him to marry Sara.