Chapter Thirty-One: Let it Snow

“I can’t believe that it’s nearly Christmas,” Faith mused looking out of the bedroom window, there was a thick layer of snow on the ground and she was glad to be inside since it was cold outside.

Iker nodded his head, he looked up from the papers that he was working on; it was a week before Christmas and he was glad to be spending more time with his mate and son.

Iker had decorated the house as best as he could, he wanted the holidays to be perfect for his family and was sure that the office would be able to cope without him for a couple of days.

“It is,” Iker agreed with a nod of his head, he had been working on the nursery for the twins at every chance that he got; he wanted it to be ready before Faith gave birth to the twins.

Faith had finished up her nest where she would give birth to the twins and Iker had ensured that she had everything that she would need in their nest.

Iker watched Faith, he wanted this Christmas to be special since it would be the first one that his mate got to celebrate; she had never gotten the chance when she had lived with her father.

Iker set down his work and climbed off the bed, he walked over to Faith and wrapped his arms around her; his fingers brushed against the bump that carried his pups inside.

“How are you feeling?” Iker asked, he was on edge right now since she was growing bigger and he didn’t want her feeling that she couldn’t tell him that something was wrong.

Faith smiled and turned to kiss Iker, she loved how worried he got about her and she was sure it would only get worse as her pregnancy with the twins continued.

“I’m fine… stop worrying so much,” Faith said looking up at Iker, she had no idea what they would do when the twins arrived; he was territorial now and it would only get worse.

***

Faith grinned quietly stepping out of the house with Oliver, she hadn’t been able to resist taking the infant out in the snow; she had never gotten to enjoy it when she had been an untouchable.

Oliver squealed in delight as Faith moved to sit on the steps of the home, she had dressed him up warming in a thick navy cable funnel neck jumper, dark-wash rib waist jeans and beige suede boots.

Iker was on the phone speaking with Sergio who had called to invite the couple to his daughter’s birth celebration that would take place after Christmas; neither of them were surprised that the party had been pushed back because of the holidays.

“Look… snow,” Faith whispered cuddling Oliver close, she looked at her little boy knowing that this would be his first Christmas and she was a little nervous about how it would play out.

Iker hadn’t invited his parents since they weren’t warming to the idea that Faith was their daughter-in-law; he didn’t want them around if they were going to cause him problems.

“Can you say snow?” Faith asked allowing Oliver to touch the snow that was at her feet, she had no intentions of wandering off; she just wanted to enjoy the snow that was on the ground with Oliver for a little while.

Oliver babbled excitedly as he felt the cold flakes that were covering the ground, Faith laughed softly watching him fist it in his tiny hands before she stopped him from eating it.

Faith heard Iker call for her inside of the house, she didn’t want to go inside just yet and she was sure that Iker wouldn’t take long to find her; she turned her attention back to Oliver who was messing in the snow.

“Do you wanna build a snowman?” Faith asked smiling down at her son, she couldn’t believe how big he was getting and she was sure that he would be better than the man that had sired him.

Faith refused to call Damien, Oliver’s father, he wasn’t that man and the title would always belong to Iker; she was still amazed that Iker had taken the little boy in as his own.

“What are you doing out here?” Iker asked stepping out of their home, he frowned eyeing his mate; she was wearing a grey maternity yarn jumper and dark-wash bootcut maternity jeans paired with black suede ankle boots, he didn’t want her getting ill while she was pregnant.

Iker moved to wrap a blanket around Faith to keep her warm, his brown eyes doing a sweep of their yard to make sure that there was no danger in sight of his mate and pup.

“I just wanted to enjoy the snow,” Faith said smiling up at Iker, she peeked down at Oliver who seemed fascinated with the snow; she hadn’t wandered far and it wasn’t as if anyone knew where the house was.

Iker sighed and nodded his head, he swallowed thickly hoping to control his wolf before he ushered Faith and Oliver back inside.

“Por favor,” Faith said when Iker moved to help her to her feet, she was fine and it wouldn’t hurt to stay outside for another moment; she pouted a little hoping to convince Iker.

Iker grumbled moving to sit down next to Faith, he had no intentions of leaving her outside alone; he was worried that the arson attack on his former apartment had been deliberate and the person was targeting Faith and Oliver.

It scared Iker that this person hadn’t been caught, he was convinced it had something to do with Damien and he wasn’t going to let the other male win.

“Oliver wants to build a snowman,” Faith said nudging Iker hoping to cheer him up, it was something that the couple would only get to experience once.

***

Faith smiled softly as she brushed her fingers through Iker’s hair, he had fallen asleep on the couch with Oliver and she couldn’t have been happier; he had spent the afternoon building two snowmen with Oliver.

Faith pressed a kiss to the top of Iker’s head and carefully put a blanket over him and Oliver; the fire was roaring and she was sure that it had been a nice break from work for him.

Faith rested her hand on her bump, she was so happy that Iker was her mate and she doubted that anyone else would have done what he had for her.

Iker made a small noise in his sleep, he cuddled Oliver close while Faith watched them; he hadn’t had time off like this in a while and now to have his family to himself was something he really looked forward to.

Faith quietly left Iker and Oliver to sleep, she could make dinner before she woke them up; she had spent the afternoon watching Iker with Oliver, unable to take her eyes off them.

Faith hummed to herself quietly, she couldn’t remember the last time that she’d been so relaxed; it wasn’t something that she got to enjoy since Iker was always so busy and they had the twins to prepare for.

Faith listened out as she quietly prepared dinner, she didn’t want to make anything big since it had been a long day and she doubted that Iker would want her doing too much while she was pregnant.

“You’re meant to be sleeping,” Faith said rolling her eyes as she heard someone step into the kitchen; she set down what she was doing and turned around to tease Iker about his overprotectiveness.

Faith stopped when she saw someone that she hadn’t been expecting to see again, her blood running cold as ice as fear claimed her soul.

“Hola Faith,” David said smiling at his daughter, he had come to finish the job that he should have done years ago.