Chapter Thirty-Three: Feeling Restless

Christmas came and went without much of a fuss, Iker doing his best to relax during the holidays since he knew how important it had been to Faith; he didn’t want to ruin it by being overprotective.

Oliver was crawling around now and his parents were sure that it wouldn’t be long before he was walking and talking; something that made Iker worry more about his family’s safety.

Iker looked over at Faith as she curled up on the couch, she was fifteen weeks pregnant and looked around thirty; the twins were getting bigger and it would be long before they arrived.

The last week had been rough on the couple since David had broken into their home, Iker had tried to relax but he didn’t think that he could especially when he knew that Damien was behind what had happened.

Iker had received a lot of reports that Damien was trying to gather followers to force an uprising against him; he didn’t want a war and he hoped that no one would be stupid enough to side with Damien.

David had paid the ultimate price for siding with Damien, he had lost his life and Iker doubted that Damien expected the man to come back alive; the man had been a threat to Faith and Oliver and couldn’t be allowed to live.

“Iker,” Faith called softly moving to try and get comfortable, she felt restless and she couldn’t wait to have the pups; she looked at her husband knowing that he had a lot on his mind right now.

Iker looked over at Faith, he sighed wishing that there was something that he could do to help her with her pregnancy; she was so big now and in five weeks’ time the pups would be arriving.

Iker didn’t know what he would do if something happened to her, Oliver or the pups; he would do his best to keep his family safe no matter what.

***

Faith nibbled on her lip and continued to pad down the nest that she had begun to put together, she hadn’t done this with Oliver since she feared her father killing him or her when she gave birth.

Iker watched her contently from his place on their bed with Oliver napping against him; Faith was using the wardrobe as a comfortable place to nest when she had the pups.

Iker knew that she couldn’t fight off the instinct especially since there were no threats to her or the pups in their home; he would kill anything that tried to come near her or the pups in a threatening way.

“How do you feel?” Iker asked watching her, he had tried to help out when she had first started nesting but Faith had only snapped at him and warned him away because he was getting in the way.

Faith paused and looked at Iker, her blue eyes blinking for a moment as if not realising that he was there; she had been busy focusing on making her nest.

“I’m okay,” Faith replied resting a hand on her bump, she felt so restless these days that it was hard to sleep and she hated that she woke Iker up whenever she moved.

Iker was doing his best to support her when she moved about, he barely let Faith or Oliver out of his sight preferring to have them both close and he did more frequent checks of the area to protect them.

Iker frowned a little, he carefully sat up on the bed making sure that Oliver didn’t wake up; he didn’t wish to disturb the toddler while he slept.

“Faye…” Iker murmured sensing that she wasn’t being completely honest with him, he knew that the pregnancy was hard on her and he was hopeful that things would work out for them.

Faith swallowed, she didn’t wish to worry Iker and she had a feeling that nothing she could stay would ease his mind until the pups had been born.

“I’m okay Iker… they’re just restless,” Faith said rubbing her tummy, she was tired and with the pups moving around she wouldn’t be able to sleep; she watched as Iker sighed and nodded his head.

Iker couldn’t do anything about the restless pups, Faith was already restless herself and he could do no more than watch over her; the next five weeks would fly by and he was hopeful for the future.

“Why don’t you rest amor? You can carry on later,” Iker said picking Oliver up gently, he would put the little boy back in his room and allow Faith to have a couple of hours rest.

Faith nodded her head as she fought back a yawn, she slept more now that she was heavily pregnant; she couldn’t wait for the two pups to be born.

Iker smiled holding Oliver close before he left the bedroom and headed to Oliver’s bedroom, he was hopeful that things would get better; he didn’t want Faith suffering too badly as her pregnancy came to an end.

***

Damien pursed his lips, he was far from pleased to hear that David had failed in his mission and had gotten himself killed; he had put his money on David killing his daughter and yet Faith was still alive.

“Did he send word on where Iker was hiding the whore?” Damien asked leaning back in his chair, he wasn’t impressed with the people that had joined him; he had hoped for more followers but that was far from the case.

It had been a bit of a struggle for him especially now that Sara had left to live in Barcelona, she had been refused her many applications to return to Madrid and had started a new life in the Catalan capital.

“No, all we know is Iker doesn’t have her in the capital,” the other man said, he shifted nervously knowing that Damien wasn’t an easy man to please and it was better to be wary of him whenever.

Damien sighed and shook his head, why was it so impossible to find people good enough to do his bidding; he wanted Faith dead and there was only one way to do it.

Damien dismissed the man before he turned to look out of the window, he had worked so hard to get what he wanted and Faith had ruined everything by being Iker’s mate.

“What are you going to do?” Alexander asked looking at his eldest son, he hated that Iker had banished his family for what they had done; they needed their revenge and Faith’s murder would only be the first step in taking over the clan.

“I’ll kill Faith myself… it shouldn’t be too hard to find her,” Damien said knowing that someone would have to distract Iker, he didn’t want to die before he could destroy his rival’s life.

Faith was the key to destroy Iker and she had been for years, Damien wasn’t about to risk anything getting in his way; she would have to die while pregnant and Oliver would follow after her quickly.

Damien had no interest in the child that he had fathered, he was a worthless as his mother and the pup that Sara was carrying would be his heir.

“I hope you know what you’re doing, Iker won’t let you live if he knows that you are a threat to his mate and pups,” Alexander said watching his son, he was sure that Damien had a plan; Iker would be murderous when they killed Faith and would want revenge for what they had done.

Damien rolled his eyes, his father was a fool to think that he hadn’t planned all of this; he would murder Faith in the next five weeks before she had a chance to birth Iker’s pups, the Casillas line would end soon.