Chapter Twenty-Six: Morning Sickness

Faith groaned to herself as she hugged the toilet, she certainly hadn’t missed this part of being pregnant and she hated that she could barely keep anything down.

Iker sighed padding into the bathroom, he worried for Faith and he hoped that the morning sickness would stop soon.

“I hate you,” Faith murmured lifting her head to glare at Iker as he flushed the toilet for her, she knew that it wasn’t his fault but this was her least favourite part of being pregnant.

Iker chuckled leaning against the sink, he wasn’t going to take her words to heart when he knew that she didn’t mean it; he moved to get her a drink of water as she got to her feet.

“How do you feel?” Iker said looking at Faith, she was four weeks pregnant and the doctor was sure that everything was going well with the pup that she was carrying.

It had been a week since the couple had discovered that they were expecting and the news had quickly broken within the clan that Iker was going to be a father.

Celebrations had sparked throughout the clan and everyone had offered up their congratulations to the couple; it was the news that everyone had been waiting on and everyone was excited.

“Nauseous…” Faith said sipping carefully on the water, she needed to get some fluid into her body; it wouldn’t end well if she didn’t and she kept being sick.

Iker watched her, he sighed shaking his head gently moving to wrap his arms around her and give her a hug; this wasn’t easy on her and he was glad that he could keep an eye on her.

“You don’t you relax in bed… I can handle Oliver today,” Iker said knowing that Faith needed to relax and look after herself and the unborn pup; he would do anything to make sure that she rested.

***

“So how is Faith?” Sergio said as he dropped some files off with Iker, he wasn’t surprised to hear that his friend was working from home; he had done the same when Nadina was in the early stages of her pregnancy.

Iker sighed shaking his head, she was still being sick and he was worried about her, he wanted to call a doctor but Faith had talked him out of it.

“It’ll get better,” Sergio said sensing that Iker was worried about his mate, he had been worried about Nadina but the morning sickness would die off in a week or two; he was sure that Faith would be perfectly fine.

“I know… I just worry,” Iker said looking over to the bedroom, he was glad that Faith was getting some sleep and he hoped that this would finish sooner rather than later.

Sergio smiled as he sat down, he was expecting his own pup in seven weeks and he was a little nervous; he adored his niece but this was something entirely different.

“How are you feeling?” Iker asked picking up the file, he sighed knowing that he had to do this and then he could go and check on his mate to see if she was okay.

Sergio ran a hand through his hair, he truly didn’t know what would happen when his pup was born; it wasn’t going to be easy and he was sure that whatever happened he would love the pup.

“Nervous,” Sergio said smiling, he didn’t know how Iker would cope when it came time for Faith to have his pup; he was already nervous about her having morning sickness.

“Nadina has started nesting,” Sergio said softly, it had been strange to see his mate preparing a place to spend the first few weeks with the pups once they were brought their pup home.

Iker smiled, he couldn’t wait till Faith started to do the same; he hoped the instinct was still there since she hadn’t been able to nest when she had given birth to Oliver.

“Sara’s sent a request to be allowed to return to Madrid alone… she’s six weeks pregnant to Damien,” Sergio said as Iker opened up the file that he had been given, it was on top of the pile that needed to be sorted through.

Iker sighed and shook his head, he couldn’t allow Sara to return to Madrid because she was Damien’s mate; it would be inviting trouble back into his life.

“Decline,” Iker said knowing that Damien would only come after Sara if she came back to the clan, she was his mate and Iker couldn’t do anything about that.

Sergio nodded his head, he knew why Iker had declined and he was glad since they had no idea what Damien might do; they couldn’t allow Sara to come back no matter how much she wanted to.

“Tell her to try the Barcelona clan if she is that despite… Xavi will be able to keep an eye on her,” Iker said it was the only thing that Iker could offer her and he hoped that Sara would find what she was looking for because he wasn’t going to look out for her anymore.

***

Sipping on his drink as he stared up at the television, David Valera pursed his lips as people around him celebrated the news that the clan alphas were having a baby.

David hadn’t seen either of his children in nearly three months now and he was furious that everything had changed.

Faith disappearance had meant that he had no one to clean up after him, to feed him and make sure that the bills got paid; his punch bag and debt payer were gone and he was left with nothing.

Then there was Devon who had disappeared just three weeks after Faith had, he had just packed up and left leaving his father behind; no one would tell David where he had gone.

David now knew that Faith’s mate had given him an apartment and a new job, he was doing well for himself and David had seen him last week out shopping with his own mate.

“Can I get you anything else sir?” the bartender asked looking at David as he cleaned a glass, he wasn’t surprised to see David since he was there every day.

The bartender wondered if David had anyone waiting for him at home, he felt sorry for them for having the drunk as a family member; he wasn’t the nicest person and would often spend hours just drinking himself to oblivion.

“Another,” David said gruffly not looking away from the television, he truly didn’t understand how Iker could want Faith as his mate; she was nothing but dirt and yet her life had turned around.

David frowned as someone sat down beside him, people avoided him for a reason and he didn’t know why anyone would approach him; he was trouble and people knew it.

“So you’re Faith’s padre…” the man said sat next to him, he looked at David with a smile on his face; he had been sent to find him knowing that he would be able to help.

“What’s it to you,” David grumbled eyeing the man as the bartender set down his drink and walked away, he didn’t trust the man beside him and he wanted to know why he was asking questions.

The man chuckled staring at David, this would work out perfectly and he would be a great help to the Garcia family; David still owed them a lot of money and he was here to collect.

“I’ve been sent by Alexander Garcia… he has an offer that I think that you’ll like,” the man said making David still, he slowly turned to stare at the man beside him; this couldn’t be good and David knew that the Garcias were a lot of trouble right now.