Chapter Thirty-Two: Unwelcome Guest

“What are you doing here?” Faith said backing away from her father, she had never thought that she would see him again; he had broken into her home and she knew it wasn’t for a friendly chat.

David chuckled walking towards Faith, he had to make this quick since Iker was only asleep in the next room; he needed to finish the job that Damien had sent him to do.

“I came to finish the job… you should have been in the apartment when I burnt it down,” David said darkly, he walked towards his daughter knowing that no one would ever work out that he was behind the fire that had destroyed the apartment in the city.

Faith felt sick realising that the fire had been targeted at killing her, she had hoped it had been an accident or some overheated wiring; she had never wanted to believe that anyone had started it.

“I should have killed you when I had the chance…” David said picking up a knife from the knife rack; he turned it over in his gloved hands making Faith rest a hand on her bump.

David chuckled wondering how easy things would have been if he had killed Faith years ago; she would have never have met Iker and become alpha female.

“You don’t have to do this,” Faith said backing away from David, she peeked at the doorway into the living room; she had no idea how David had gotten into the house since she was sure that Iker would have noticed.

David snorted and walked towards Faith, he would have to be quick if he wanted to escape with his life; Iker would kill him and it wasn’t a chance that he wanted to take.

Damien had promised him a lot of money if he was able to complete this task, Iker would lose the one thing that meant everything to him that night.

Faith nibbled on her lip, she clutched the counter as her back hit the far kitchen wall knowing that she couldn’t scream; she couldn’t bring herself to do it, she felt sick realising what was going to happen.

David held the knife tightly in his hand, he would have to make sure that not only did Faith not survive what he was about to do; he had to ensure that the pups died along with her.

“Why do you hate me so much?” Faith asked trying to buy herself more time, she had no idea what she was going to do if she didn’t think of something.

David snorted, he had hated Faith for years and he wanted to make sure that she suffered for what she had done; he wanted her to pay for causing the death of her mother.

“It was your fault,” David said twirling the knife, his brown eyes cold as he stared at his daughter; he had never been able to forget what had happened and the reason why he was now alone.

Faith stared at her father, she had no idea what he was talking about; she was used to him blaming her for his short-comings, he had been doing it all her life.

“You’re the reason that she died… she was trying to protect you,” David spat disgusted that Fiona had given her life to protect Faith, he had never been able to look past what had happened; he wanted Faith to suffer like he had for what she had caused to happen.

Faith stared at David, she had only been four when her mother had died, and she barely remembered anything about what had happened; she just knew that her mother had been killed by a rival clan.

“She should have let them have you like they wanted… but no, she had to protect her little Faith,” David snarled moving forward, she had to die and now he would have the chance to avenge the death of the woman that he had loved.

Faith closed her blue eyes and braced herself as David thrust the knife forward, she was sure that this was it; the moment where she would die bleeding on the kitchen floor and that was how Iker would find her.

There was a strange choking noise that made Faith slowly open her eyes to see what was going on, she wasn’t sure why David hadn’t killed her but something had clearly happened.

Faith stared shock at the distant look in her father’s eyes, blood seeped out of his throat were a knife had been forced through the back of his neck; she leant back against the wall feeling sick as Iker snapped David’s neck to make sure he was dead.

Iker glared as David’s body dropped to the floor, he couldn’t believe that David had come into his home and attempted to murder his mate; he snarled furiously glad that he had woken up when he had.

Iker swallowed before turned to look at Faith, she was shaking and breathing heavily while she stared at the dead body in front of her.

“Faye,” Iker murmured moving to comfort his mate, he gently reached for her only for her flinch back from him; he hated that he’d had to do that in front of her but he had no choice, David had was going to kill her.

Iker sighed and tried again, he smiled a little as Faith allowed him to pull her into his arms; he whispered softly to her in an attempt to calm her down as she burst into tears.

***

Iker stared at the bonfire that he had made to burn David’s body, the man didn’t deserve a proper burial and he refused to leave Faith completely alone right now.

Iker had just killed someone in front of her, he had done it to save her life but it was still something that he had never wanted her to see him do.

Iker watched the flames, someone had sent David since there was no way that David had come here on his own; he was working for someone who wanted Faith dead.

Iker closed his eyes, he wouldn’t be able to relax until he knew what was going on; he was suspicious that David had shown up like that when Damien had started to move.

Shaking his head, Iker walked back to the house knowing that he needed to look after Faith and Oliver; he wasn’t going to risk their safety for anything in the world.

Walking back into the house, Iker wrinkled his nose at the smell of bleach; he checked on Oliver who was sleeping soundly in the living room before he headed into the kitchen where Faith was moping the floor.

“Faith,” Iker said sighing, he had hoped that she would sit down and rest after what had happened and he was a little disappointed that she was trying to clean up the blood on the tiled kitchen floor.

Faith ignored Iker as she continued to mope, she couldn’t forget what had just happened and she was sure that she never would; she had no idea what she would ever forget what had happened.

“I’m sorry that you had to see that,” Iker said carefully taking the mop from Faith, he set it down and pulled her into his arms; she was shaken by what had happened and rightly so.

Faith cuddled into Iker’s arms, she had no idea what would happen now but she was glad that Iker had arrived when he had; things could have been so much worse and she could have been seriously injured.

“I love you,” Iker said making Faith smile a little, she had no idea what she would have done if he wasn’t here with her; she rested her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

Iker pressed a kiss to the top of her head, he was angry that he hadn’t realised that David had gotten into the house until it was nearly too late; he would never forgive himself if something ever happened to Faith or their pups, they meant everything to him.