Chapter 25

Laylah pov

I sat in the living room as i watched Denzel struggle to cook me dinner. Honestly the shii was funny asf because he had no idea as to what he was doing. The dude was literally about to clean the meat with dish detergent.

"What are you doing bruh" i laughed. He was trying to fry the chicken but the grease kept popping him.

"Cook the food, dont let the food cook you my Nigga"

"Shut up. I know what im doing. The shit just fighting back" he laughed.

"I appreciate you cooking for me baby" I smiled

"You welcome princess. I know you been stressed out"

"Ugh yes" i rolled my eyes "I never knew planning a gender reveal would be so damn stressful"

"Dont worry about all that. I got you. And i forgot to tell you that your pictures came in the mail from that photo shoot"

"Fr?!" I was super excited to see my pictures. I took a mini photo shoot but it wasn't what i wanted. Im going to have a better one when I'm a little more far along.

"Yea i sat them ontop of the refrigerator" I walked into the kitchen and struggled to reach the top of the refrigerator.

"Stop!" Denzel dropped the fork and grabbed my hands.

"What nigga?" I frowned

"The doctor said don't lift your arms up all the way. It could harm the baby and make it choke"

"I dont remember him saying that but ok ion wanna risk it. Can you get the pictures for me then?"

"Yea" He grabbed the pictures then handed it to me.

"I hope i don't look ugly in these"

"You can never look ugly" he said in a duh tone as he continued to put flour on the chicken.

"You're just saying that" i mumbled as i opened the envelope.

"Oh my godd" i frowned

"What's wrong?"

"I'm so fat" my lip trembled and hot tears came falling down my face.