Chapter 7

It takes some time to get to the battlefield, Natasha holding your hand while running. Warning you when there was a tree or something in the way.
You hear when you are at the place where Bucky is.
"Natasha, lead me right in front of him through the commlink. Warn me about guns raising and stuff."
"That is not a good idea!" you hear Steve shout in the commlink. He sounds distressed.
"He won't hurt me. Natasha please."
"No, don't do it!"
"Steve , shut up. Y/N I'll do it."
You smile and walk forwards.

Apparently all soldiers left once Bucky became The Asset, The Winter Soldier again.
Natasha leads you vocally.
"Bucky?" you try.
You hear a gun click. Great. Natasha confirms what you though happened. Bucky has pointed his gun at you.
"I am unarmed, I have no fighting skills. I only want to talk. Can I come closer?"

"He nodded, he is unaware of your blindness." You walk closer until Natasha says to stop.
"Are you hurt?" you ask him.
Natasha catches on. "he has a wound on his head."
"Let me heal that, please."
Again Natasha helps you out, saying he nodded and you move closer holding your hands to his head.
First you heal the wound. Afterwards you tap into his brain, slowly unwinding the brainwashed state he is in. You can't de-trigger him one by one, so you have to do with just bringing him back and talking to him afterwards.

It takes a while, you feel the tense body of Bucky, but Natasha promised me he does nothing. You feel the tension in the area, meaning he probably did try something.
You start feeling faint and the pain is going over your limit but you keep going, trying not to show it on your face.
You feel when Bucky is coming back, his body less tense.

"He's back." You hear in your commlink.
Slowly you finish up before unlinking and taking a step back, you feel unsteady on your feet, out of breath.
Someone lifts you up, bridal style. "You overexerted yourself." It's Bucky's gruff voice. He sounds exhausted.
"We couldn't leave you here." You just say before closing your eyes.
"I'm sorry." You shake your head.

You feel him bend down a little and hear him kiss someone, well not just someone. Steve. "I'm sorry to you too." He whispers.
"It's okay. It's not your fault. And we got you back. Let us get back to the jet so we can get home and rest."
You feel how you are being carried to the jet, temporarily forgetting about the body in there.
"Oh shit." You hear Tony.

Ohw. "He was going to kill me." You say.
"And you had to shoot him through his head?"
"I was blind! I had no clue where else to shoot." You defend yourself.

"Gross. Be glad you can't see this shit. We leave the body here, but we have to clean up the jet, there is so much blood in here. What were you trying to accomplish?" Tony sounds irritated. You feel guilty for it.

"I'm sorry." You whisper, guilt choking you up.
Bucky's arms tighten around you.
"Back off Tony." You hear Natasha say. You close your eyes, trying to hold back the tears forming in your eyes.
Bucky sits down, you still in his lap. You feel how someone sits down next to him. Steve probably.
"Don't let Tony's words get to you. You were threatened, shot and being choked. You did what was right." Steve words sound sincere. But yet it can't sooth the guilt ridden sting in you chest.
The flight is long, but at some point you pass out, scaring most of the team.

You wake up on a bed. It feels crowded. "Don't panic, we just weren't sure of how you were. You passed out on us so when we landed we brought you to our room so we could watch you. JARVIS kept us up-to-date on your vitals." Bucky's voice sounds to the left of you, which means Steve must lay to your right.
"You missed Rhodey, Sam and Natasha going off on Tony for being an asshole to you."
Aaaand, the guilt is back.
"Doll, Tony was an ass to you. You did nothing wrong. We would've done the same."
"Maybe I could've waited until Nat was there."
"You would've choked before she was there. You did the right thing."

Letting the subject die out you just stare at nothing, seeing nothing.
"I know you can't see where you're looking at, but ehm, it's getting a bit uncomfortable since you keep staring at my face." Steve says.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I just..."
"Don't worry. As I said, I know you can't see so you didn't know where you were looking. I was just getting a bit uncomfortable."
You nod before closing your eyes.
Silence in the air.

"Can I ask you something?" your voice sounds little and unsure.
"Of course." Both say, Bucky a bit faster than Steve.
"Teach me how to fight, please. I want to know what I am doing, even when I am blind."

Silence.

"You sure about this?"
You nod.
"I can learn you some things. Maybe we should ask Natasha too. She knows more about the hearing based things, so she can learn you how to still see without seeing."
"Thank you." You feel movement, which let you know that they have nodded.

"Now, even though I love to stay in bed like this all day, we probably should get some food." Bucky says as he gets up.
You groan but leave the bed too, feeling something like a dress on you.
Steve must have seen your confusion.
"Wanda and Natasha changed your clothing to your nightgown so you were more comfortable."
You nod before realising you have never been in their room and have no clue where to walk to find the door.
A hand on your shoulder before the same hand takes yours and lays it on his arm.
"Your room first?" You nod and Steve leads you.
You change with a bit of help. You trust Steve to have looked away when you put on your underwear and bra. But you hadn't taking clothing yet so he saw a bit more of you than was planned. You don't mind. He gives you a shirt and some sweatpants. Putting slippers in front of your feet so you can step in them.
"Breakfast?" he asks. You nod and he walks you back to the corridor, Bucky apparently waited there for the two of you.

In the kitchen they make you breakfast waffles withblueberries in them. The smell making your stomach rumble. The two laughingsoftly before serving you your waffles while they finish up the batter intofully baked waffles before joining you.